More threads by ladylore

ladylore

Account Closed
I start a long awaited 10 week therapy group dealing with anxiety and low grade depression. Should be fun (sarcastic) as I am already anxious about the group. And everyone in the room will be dealing with the same thing. Cool!:D

On a serious note, I am looking forward to it even though I may have to really force myself to stay and to come back for the next session. This seems to become more difficult as I get older. Especially because I look and seem so easy going and put together on the outside.

Last edited:

Banned

Banned
Re: Start of Anxiety and Depression Group this week

Good luck with your group, LL. I can appreciate the anxiety surrounding it...I don't think I could ever do a group - I'm way too shy and scared! If they got me to go once, I'd probably never go back...so yay for you! :clap:

Let us know how it goes after...

ladylore

Account Closed

Thanks Turtle - need all the encouragement I can get.:teehee:

Jazzey

Account Closed

I think it's great LL - When does it "officially" start? And I know this is tough - I'd be running for the hills myself. But I know that you'll be fine. You're a strong chick and you've come so far...

You'll have to let us know how it goes. :)

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator

That is great Ladylore. I am sure everyone else there will be feeling nervous too. The group leader would be aware of that and I am sure they have ways to help you all through it.

That is a great step Ladylore. I am proud of you for doing that. Keep us posted too ok? :hug:

Halo

Glad to hear that the group is finally starting up...that is awesome :)

Yes I am sure that you are nervous but as you said, I am sure that everyone else will be as well so you are not alone.

Looking forward to hearing more :D

Take care
:hug: :friends:

ladylore

Account Closed

The group starts Wednesday, 1:30 - 3:30. I will keep you posted and give the rest of you the homework assignments if you would like. :D

PS - Jazzey, you can call me chick anytime you like. I like that. :dance:

Halo

No thanks on the homework....I am not getting my own homework from my therapist done, talk about avoidance :D :lol:

Jazzey

Account Closed

:lol: Thanks LL...It's almost as if you snuck into my brain for a minute. I was debating wether to edit my text :D And I'd love to hear about the homework. Although I won't guarantee that I'll do it. :D In a week from today, I'm starting trauma therapy - And feeling very "traumatized" about it :lol:

ladylore

Account Closed

I let you guys know what happened in the group and the homework I got - you doing is optional of course. :D

Maybe if I keep up with the updates it will force me to keep going. I am accountable to all of you.

As you know Jazzey, I went through a year of trauma therapy myself. I would be interested to know how that goes for you. I know all therapists work differently, but trauma therapy was one of the best things I could have done for myself. I hope you have the same experience.

:)

Banned

Banned

There's homework? :eek:

I'd be a definite dropout. I don't do homework.

Jazzey

Account Closed

Thanks LL. And I'd love for you to share your experiences with us. And I'll gladly make you accountable for attending. :)

As for the trauma therapy, I had indeed remembered that you'd been through it. And I will share my experiences.:) I may also ask you a few questions at some point if you don't mind...

Wishing you good luck with your group , it is really brave of you to go , It will go better than you think . It may also be fun , in the sense of , more enjoyable than you expect . You only have to see the posts here ,it shows that being depressed doesn't mean that we can't laugh about it or lose our sense of humour. LL Do you know many there will be in the group ?
I will be thinking of you . :)

Maybe if I keep up with the updates it will force me to keep going. I am accountable to all of you.

You bet you are , we are all right behind you in this !:D

...9 new friends LL. :)
Yey LL :thewave: I'm sure there will be at least a couple you will click with , now don't forget , that you are going there for you , I know how easy it is to over empathise with the distress of others and forget about oneself .:hug:

ladylore

Account Closed

One good thing about this group is that we can't socialize with the other participants outside of group. Once it is finished, if we have clicked with someone then we can go for coffee, but not while the group is going on.

It is suppose to be treatment and the staff don't want any of us influencing anyone else in the group. This rule actually make me feel safer going.

Jazzey

Account Closed

I think that's a great rule. I could see how people with similar issues could jeopardize each other's successes here.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.