More threads by ladylore

Halo

Given that you really haven't made an attempt at a third group, I would try to go and see how your anxiety and panic is. I think that you made a good point here:

I knew I wasn't going to die or get sick in the room or afterwords. I just waited it out.

Do you have anything that you can hold in your hand to help ground you. I now have something that I hold when I get anxious or overwhelmed and it really helps to remind me that I am safe, grounded and cared for.

I really don't have any further suggestions at this time but if I think of anything I will post it. Maybe others will come up with what has helped them in the past.

Take care
:hug: :friends:

ladylore

Account Closed
The support is priceless, even if no can tell me what is going on. I do hope the third session will be smoother Halo.

And yes Jazzey I am feelinging better. Ears are plugged today mind you so it may be a bit of a cold.:hug:

ladylore

Account Closed
Some thoughts would be:

Nothing is really happening and I am safe.
Stay in control.
Only (how many more minutes) to go.

But before the group it's:

Why am I anxious? Is there a reason?
What is the reason?
Can I do this?
Will I be ok?

Stuff like that.

ladylore

Account Closed
I am not sure if it's about the group or not - good question.

The worst thing that could happen would be being told I am not living up to my potential and I am just lazy.

Come to think of it, all this may have to do with school experiences which were not the greatest.

The other thing that comes to mind is worrying about the toll it will take on my emotionally. Will I be able to keep it together? And/or - Do I look so together that I will not get the help I need?

i don't think you need to worry about not getting the help you need - because you've already been accepted to the group. i can't see any reason why help would be withheld from you now.

when you talk about the toll it will take on you emotionally - are you concerned about getting triggered?

ladylore

Account Closed
when you talk about the toll it will take on you emotionally - are you concerned about getting triggered?

I don't know. I will have to think about that one.

---------- Post added later and automatically merged ----------

So my 3 goals for this week:

Sweep and wash the floors by Friday.

Call a friend and see if we can arrange to get together (making the call is the goal - anything else is icing on the cake)

Listen to one of the relaxation meditations on the CD that was handed out today.

Swept floors (haven't washed them yet)
Called and left a message with my friend.

Hell - I even talked to my sister today. :)

I haven't picked up the CD as of yet.

Halo

Swept floors (haven't washed them yet)
Called and left a message with my friend.

Hell - I even talked to my sister today. :)

I haven't picked up the CD as of yet.

Sounds like you are making good progress and you still have a few days to go before your next group....keep it up, am proud of you :2thumbs: :D

ladylore

Account Closed
I skipped the group today. I woke up with strong anxiety. Once it stopped I really didn't want to do anything that would start it up again.

I have no idea if I will be able to continue with this group. Groups of people are what causes the most anxiety. I just don't know how worth it it is to continue.

Jazzey

Account Closed
Am I right in thinking you've only attended 2 sessions Robyn? If I'm right, I don't know that I would give up so quickly.

What makes you want to leave? Why do you think that these sessions aren't going to work for you? Is there a possibility that you're following old patterns on this one? Are you considering letting it go because of the other members?

:hug:

I know - sorry, many questions but the answers have to come from you.

Hie ladylore sorry you are feeling so anxious today. Hope you will be able to regroup and try again for the next session. You are doing so well don't give up yet best wishes mary

ladylore

Account Closed
Your right, I have gone to the first 2 sessions.

Yes, it's old patterns Jazzey. One that is extremely uncomfortable. I don't know how to break this one. It has nothing to do with anyone in the group nor with the sessions themselves.

I don't like feeling terrified (who does). I know I am safe and that nothing is really going on. I am at a loss for words on this one.

Jazzey

Account Closed
Yes, I recognize this pattern from my own repertoire LL. :)

Having said that, you're right, no one likes feeling uncomfortable. But sometimes the fear of feeling uncomfortable keeps us from trying new things, sometimes without our having the benefit of understanding where the discomfort comes from. This is a new opportunity to test out those limits LL, maybe push those boundaries a little further?....

I hope that you'll give it another try next week. :hug:

I just had a thought. Could it be that by going to more then 2 sessions means you would have to open up yourself more to group? Like disclosing more about yourself and the reason your there and that maybe that terrifies you?

Just a thought.

I hope that find out what causes you to panic like that.

Sue

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.