More threads by x bandage beauty

Im going out with this guy and he knows that I SI. And recently he told me that he used to and that hes starting to do it again also. I feel thats its my fault because I know I put alot of stress on him with my problems and I try not to. But when ever I dont tell him whats going on he gets just as stressed out. I told him that maybe we should take a break untill we are both doing better and he wigged out. I just dont know what to do. I just dont know what to do. I want to help him stop and everything but I guess I cant unless I help myself.

Im not really sure what Im asking for in here just for anyone to talk to I guess.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I'm not sure how much you can do to "help him stop" -- do you think there's anything he can do to help you stop? It's really something he has to do himself, don't you think?

As for taking a break from the relationship, is this something you want to do for you or for him? Is it because the relationship as it is now is stressing you or because you are worrying about stressing him?

David Baxter said:
I'm not sure how much you can do to "help him stop" -- do you think there's anything he can do to help you stop? It's really something he has to do himself, don't you think?
I know theres probably nothing that I can really do to help him but be there for him really to talk to him. And thats what I keep trying to tell him about me, that I just want him to talk to me and stuff and not tell me to stop likes hes been sometimes. And he is now that I finally got the courage to talk to him about it.

David Baxter said:
As for taking a break from the relationship, is this something you want to do for you or for him? Is it because the relationship as it is now is stressing you or because you are worrying about stressing him?
Taking a break, I guess, something I want to do to try to help him and me both. Because both of our "triggers" are stress and stuff. And we are both getting it from eachother. But we sat down and talked about it last night like I mentioned above and we got this idea that we would each get a note book and write everyday in it and at the end of the week we would trade and just like both get to know what the other is going through since its kinda hard for both of us to talk face-to-face sometimes.

Thank you for reading.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.