More threads by boswell

boswell

At the urging of my doctor, I applied for ODSP in March of this year and received a letter of denial three days ago. The basis of my application is depression, anxiety, insomnia, calcified bone spur and Polyuria caused by BPH. I am going to be asking for an Internal Review and wondered if anyone here had advice or could just relate their experience applying to the DAU with something similar. Also, I am on Ontario Works and wondering if anyone know what approach Ontario Works takes when one goes to the Social Benefits Tribunal and is refused ODSP.

Iandude

Re: ODSP Application Denied

Wow they sure are either busy atm or taking there time, i had to get a psych report before my doctor would even fill out the odsp papers, maybe u will need that too.

boswell

Not really. I have faxed my request for an Internal Review in nine days ago and am waiting to hear back.

boswell

Just thought I would let you know that I received a reply to my request for an Internal Review yesterday and the original decision was overturned. I've been approved.

Iandude

Congrats!, im still waiting here hehe, i called recently and been told sometime in august or september now, its killing me this wait!

boswell

I know the feeling. Hang in there and if they turn you down the first time, be sure and get your request for an internal review sent within 30 days.

Iandude

I got denied, my ow worker called and told me, i could just cry right now, should i contact legal aid and get help from them now?

boswell

I'm sorry to hear that, but you still have thirty days to get your request for an internal review in. It's possible you could have the decision overturned within a couple of weeks. That's what happened for me anyway. I think its good to have a legal clinic helping. I don't know where you live but here's where you can find the one closest to you.

Community Legal Clinics | Legal Aid Ontario

Also, if you can get anything new to add to your application, like a second assessment, that will help too. Talk to your doctor about it.

I hope that works for you. Don't give up. Most people are rejected the first time.

Iandude

got my letter today, it says you do not have a substancial physical or mental impairment that is continuous or recurrent,what the heck, i have had major depression for at least 10 years, what kind of info should i use on the internal review paper that i send in, seeing legal aid tomorrow morning, thanks again all

boswell

When you sent in your application, did the doctor or psychiatrist check off that your condition is expected to deteriorate or remain same under the prognosis heading? If they did, then include a letter with your IR which points that out.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.