More threads by BrokenHearted

Holly

Hi Janet,
The Book Dance Of Anger: A Woman's Guide to Changing the Patterns of Intimate Relationships
Author: Harriet Lerner, is a great book!
Anyone one that is good is Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends
Author: Bruce Fisher
Take care Janet. :)

JA

Hi BrokenHearted,

I had been away for a little while and just read you posts. I just want to say I wish you luck with therapy, I hope it will help. The flashbacks you described did make it look more like PTSD than depression, although it's hard to tell just like that... I'm glad you seem to be on the right track :)

Take care

Hi Janet

I agree with you, the book looks very interesting and appropriate, thanks for finding it for me, I look forward to reading it.

Thank you Dr Baxter for your recommendations

Take care

Hi Ja

I think luck is the operative word, There must be something fundamentally wrong with me. I do not understand the concept of what you need to do in order to be accepted for therapy. I think I'm past caring.... Maybe some people cannot be helped.

Sorry I just feel low

Thanks anyway

I'm sorry, Brokenhearted.

I think you can be helped. It sounds like you're stuck in a bad system and can't get help because of that, but it's not about you. It's just a very bad system.

I wish there was more I could do or say.

Have you heard back from your psychiatrist about psychotherapy?

Janet

Hi Ja

I feel really awfull, I have reread my post to you, I'm so so sorry, i don't know what is wrong with me, my mind seems to be all over the place at the moment, I think I saw the word THERAPY and went to pieces, but that is not an excuse. I am really grateful that you took the time to read my posts and wish me luck... I'm truly sorry

Thanks again

Take care

Janet I just wanted to say, You have been more than helpful to me, You have a wonderful way of reaching out to others who are in distress and helping them in any way that you can. You have a lot of truly lovely qualities about you...

My psychiatrist has referred me to trauma therapy, This would involve a further assessment as to my suitability, although he has stated that unless this is guaranteed he does not want me to go ahead with it... He was quite helpful... I'm unsure what I feel about this as I do not know what trauma therapy involves?

Take care

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
It's not a type of therapy per se. It sounds more like he's referring you to a specific clinic or group or that he's referring you to someone with a recommendation for focusing on your reactions to various traumatic experiences (or possibly PTSD).

Thanks for the information Dr Baxter, I think I will need to consider how beneficial this kind of therapy would be for me. If it is a group thing then it will be definitely out of the question.

Thanks

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I think what you need to do is talk to your doctor to get more information. As I said, the term "trauma therapy" isn't very specific - it could mean a number of things. Ask the doctor what s/he meant by that before you make any decisions.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.