More threads by boi

when did you start with the medication?

medication may take some time to start working and before you start to feel better. officially it's 6-8 weeks but in practice it seems a lot of people start to feel a difference after 2 weeks.

as for the painting, is the thought of it too overwhelming?

boi

I'm on risperidone, so apparently it takes a few days to kick in but I'm on a very low dosage to start so I can get used to it first. I am not sure if I would say overwhelming. When I think about putting the brush to the paper I see frustration and annoyance and I just want to take my brush and jab the paper instead. No patience maybe, frustration and a hatred of my artwork.

ladylore

Account Closed
I was going to start a new thread but then I decided to continue this one. Even that is hard to decide today. I just have not been that great the past few days. I am glad this board is here. Logically, I know this board is here for everyone to post but I still feel like Im becoming a nuisance. either way, i feel better sometimes when I post. I feel like the depression is getting slightly worse. Sad again and not knowing why just being sad. I recently quit weed as well and I can say that I would love to get high. I know I must not and won't but I would love to. I think I know now why I was "self-medicating" in the first place. I just don't feel like doing anything, I cant focus. I just want to stare at the ceiling and pull everything out of me. (i dont know what that is)

I can assure you that you are not a nuisance Boi. Its why we are here to provide support. :)

Over a year ago I stopped smoking weed myself and I know that my emotions were all over the place for a while. I started using to self-medicate myself but all the symptoms you have described were in fact some side effects of this particular drug.

You may want to write a list of things that can distract you when these cravings to use come on. It was helpful to me to have something to refer to in those times.

I know you are going through a hard time but I am glad you quit using. That took alot of guts. :hug::hug:

boi

Over a year ago I stopped smoking weed myself and I know that my emotions were all over the place for a while. I started using to self-medicate myself but all the symptoms you have described were in fact some side effects of this particular drug.

You may want to write a list of things that can distract you when these cravings to use come on. It was helpful to me to have something to refer to in those times.

I know you are going through a hard time but I am glad you quit using. That took alot of guts. :hug::hug:

I stopped using about a month ago, would there still be side effects?

What could I write down?

thanks for your nice words, but I don't feel for me it took guts. I quit heroin 10 years ago and I didn't even feel that it took guts either. I guess I dont give any credit to myself.

ladylore

Account Closed
I stopped using about a month ago, would there still be side effects?

For marajana to pass through your system it takes about 3 months. It is stored in your fat cells so you may notice that every time you sweat you feel high again - this just means its getting out of your system. It does take time for your body to adjust again and heal itself - mood swings are common, crying one moment and feeling fine the next. Its ok

You may have already said something in one of your earlier posts so I do apologise beforehand - but are you seeing anyone about depression or for addiction counselling? I know I had to go on anti-depressants for a year to that my seratonin levels were back up to normal.

What could I write down?

Well when I started out one of the first thing on my list was go to a meeting. At that time it was a 12-step thing but the main thing was to get myself around safe people. Are you involved with anything like that right now Boi?

Other things on my list were things like

When was the last time I ate something?
Drink a glass of water?
Phone someone supportive - name of person, phone number
Go out some place safe - name of place, address, bus route (write it all down)
Wash dishes
Have some safe fun (go to a movie...)

......And the list goes on from there.

I still say you have guts Boi:friends: You have kicked heroin in the past and I believe you can do this too.

Take care

:hug:

boi

I am being treated for bipolar II and yes I have a therapist. I used to go to NA but not anymore. I know this might sound like I am in denial but I truly believe that the weed is not my main problem. I do not want to go back to NA.

ladylore

Account Closed
I am being treated for bipolar II and yes I have a therapist. I used to go to NA but not anymore. I know this might sound like I am in denial but I truly believe that the weed is not my main problem. I do not want to go back to NA.

I wouldn't say you in denial at all. That's ok that you don't go to NA, I outgrew NA myself. :) The main thing is that you have support.

The main points for myself were doing my best not to isolate, keeping my blood sugar levels even and drinking plenty of fluids. Whatever you put on the distraction list is great. Heck, I have jigsaw puzzles on mine. :)

boi

im going to go to the movies this weekend, hopefully that will help and I will make a list. Thanks so much ladylore and into the light. you seem like very supportive people :dimples:

i should add that my comments about when medication starts to work apply to anti-depressants. i'm not sure what risperidone is and with your diagnosis of bipolar instead of depression i have no idea what the expected amount of time to feel a difference would be.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.