Administrator
Re: Quotable Quotes 9

“Whatever comes up, see what is without calling it right or wrong.”
— Pema Chodron

“Smile, breathe, and go slowly.”
— Thich Nhat Hanh

Harebells

"I know it's easier to portray a world filled with cynicism and anger, where problems are solved with violence...It's an easy out. What's a whole lot tougher is to offer alternatives, to present other ways conflicts can be resolved, and to show you can have a positive impact on your world. To do that, you have to put yourself out on a limb, take chances, and run the risk of being called a do-gooder."

"I really do believe that all of you are at the beginning of a wonderful journey.As you start traveling down that road of life, remember this: There are never enough comfort stops. The places you're going to are never on the map. And once you get that map out, you won't be able to re-fold it no matter how smart you are. So forget the map, roll down the windows, and whenever you can pull over and have picnic with a pig. And if you can help it never fly as cargo."

(both quotes by Jim Henson)

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Quotable Quotes 9

I think one thing is that anybody who's had to contend with mental illness - whether it's depression, bipolar illness or severe anxiety, whatever - actually has a fair amount of resilience in the sense that they've had to deal with suffering
already, personal suffering.

Kay Redfield Jamison

When you can imagine you begin to create and when you begin to create you realize that you can create a world that you prefer to live in, rather than a world that you're suffering in.

Ben Okri

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Don't be seduced into thinking that that which does not make a profit is without value.

~ Arthur Miller

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere.

~ Jane Austen, Mansfield Park (1814)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Life is a ripoff when you expect to get what you want.
Life works when you choose what you got.

If you could really accept that you weren't ok
you could stop proving you were ok.
If you could stop proving that you were ok
you could get that it was ok not to be ok.
If you could get that it was ok not to be ok
you could get that you were ok the way you are.
You're ok, get it?

~ Werner Erhard

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.

~ Keri Russell

I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.

~ Stephen Hawking

HBas

The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary
~ Vince Lombardi

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
~ Margaret Thatcher

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

a maxim of narrative therapy:

“The
 problem
 is 
the 
problem, 
the
 person
 is
 not
 the
 problem.”

~ Michael White and David Epston

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Home is the nicest word there is." ~ Laura Ingalls Wilder

"Where we love is home -- home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music.

~ Ronald Reagan

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

"Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people."

"The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases."

"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong."

"We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses."

~ Carl Jung

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"The most powerful therapeutic process I know is to contribute to rich story development."
~ Michael White

"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you."
~ Aldous Huxley

"At the end of a story or novel, you do not want the reader thinking. Endings are about emotion... It’s the writer’s job...to just make the reader feel."
~ Ethan Canin

Last edited:

amazingmouse

Account Closed

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.” - Anne Radmacher

I hope I am not repeating an already posted quote :)

Status
Not open for further replies.