More threads by David Baxter PhD

?I know nothing in the world that has as much power as a word. Sometimes I write one, and I look at it, until it begins to shine.? Emily Dickinson

GDPR

GDPR
When you are grateful - when you can see what you have - you unlock blessings to flow in your life. ~Suze Orman

GDPR

GDPR
Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

GDPR

GDPR
Courage doesn't happen when you have all the answers.It happens when you are ready to face the questions you have been avoiding your whole life. ~ Shannon L Alder

GDPR

GDPR
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. ~Abraham Lincoln

We do the best we can in life,we take things one day at a time and sometimes we all just need a simple reminder of that. ~Demi Lovato

Take life one day at a time because every day is a different day with new challenges. ~Penny Streeter

Big things are built one brick at a time.Victories are achieved one choice at a time.A life well lived is chosen one day at a time. ~Lysa TerKeurst

Harebells

I was going to post that same Abraham Lincoln quote on the same day you posted it, but I didn't quite get around to it - spooky! Or maybe we've just got down to the last few quotes left in the world...

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver

“Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.” ~ Mary Oliver

“I believe in kindness. Also in mischief. Also in singing, especially when singing is not necessarily prescribed.” ~ Mary Oliver

“You must not ever stop being whimsical. And you must not, ever, give anyone else the responsibility for your life.” ~ Mary Oliver

“When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I don't want to end up simply having visited this world.” ~ Mary Oliver

“Hello, sun in my face. Hello you who made the morning and spread it over the fields...Watch, now, how I start the day in happiness, in kindness.” ~ Mary Oliver

“The most regretful people on earth are those who felt the call to creative work, who felt their own creative power restive and uprising, and gave to it neither power nor time.” ~ Mary Oliver

“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” ~ Mary Oliver

“Love yourself. Then forget it. Then, love the world.” ~ Mary Oliver, Evidence: Poems

“It is better for the heart to break, than not to break.” ~ Mary Oliver

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."

"The trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit."

- Moliere

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“By the time you've run your mind through it a hundred times, relentlessly worked out every tic of terror, it's lost its power over you...[Soon it's] a story on a page or, more precisely, everybody's story on a page.” ― John Gardner

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Challenge is the pathway to engagement and progress in our lives. But not all challenges are created equal. Some challenges make us feel alive, engaged, connected, and fulfilled. Others simply overwhelm us. Knowing the difference as you set bigger and bolder challenges for yourself is critical to your sanity, success, and satisfaction. ~ Brendon Burchard

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Mari

MVP
"We choose to stay, because we are all stories still going. Because there is still some time for things to turn around, time to be surprised and time for change. We stay because no one else can play your part. Life is worth living." ~ Jamie Tworkowski

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.