More threads by Daniel E.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
“Peace requires us to surrender our illusions of control. We can love and care for others but we cannot possess our children, lovers, family, or friends. We can assist them, pray for them, and wish them well, yet in the end their happiness and suffering depend on their thoughts and actions, not on our wishes.” ~ Jack Kornfield

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Happiness%20is___%20Ghandi.webp

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
“I learned that courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ~ Nelson Mandela

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Few of us can accurately gauge how we will feel tomorrow or next week … We expect to feel devastated if our spouse leaves us or if we get passed over for a big promotion at work. But when things like that do happen, it's soon, “She never was right for me”, or “I actually need more free time for my family.” People...mistakenly expect such blows to be much more devastating than they turn out to be."

~ Daniel Gilbert

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

“Optimism changes subjective reality. The way we expect the world to be changes the way we see it. But it also changes objective reality. It acts as a self-fulfilling prophecy.”

~ Tali Sharot

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"Peace requires us to surrender our illusions of control. We can love and care for others but we cannot possess our children, lovers, family, or friends. We can assist them, pray for them, and wish them well, yet in the end their happiness and suffering depend on their thoughts and actions, not on our wishes." ~ Jack Kornfield

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need."

— Lao Tzu

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Enjoy each step, for in every moment there is something to learn.”

― John P Strelecky

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.