More threads by Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

lallieth

“Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution.”-Deepak Chopra

“The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.”-Leo F. Buscaglia

“Love yourself—accept yourself—forgive yourself—and be good to yourself, because without you the rest of us are without a source of many wonderful things.”-Leo F. Buscaglia

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen to the mustn'ts, child,
Listen to the don'ts.
Listen to the shouldn'ts,
The impossibles, the won'ts.
Listen to the never haves,
Then listen close to me-
Anything can happen, child,
ANYTHING can be.
-Shel Silverstein

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are.
-Mary Jean Irion

Remember this: that very little is needed to make a happy life.
-Marcus Aurelius

Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another.
-George Eliot

Last edited:
:)

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief - and unspeakable love. ~ Washington Irving

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Elie Wiesel:

Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.

Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life. Learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
- Robert Fulghum

lallieth

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.
"Pooh!" he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."

"How do you do Nothing?" asked Pooh.
"Well, it's when people call out at you just as you're going off to do it, `What are you going to do, Christopher Robin?' and you say, `Oh, nothing' and then you go and do it. It means just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering."

Last edited:
To face despair and not give in to it, that's courage.
-Ted Koppel

The more light you allow within you, the brighter the world you live in will be.
-Shakti Gawain

Last edited:

lallieth

Henry David Thoreau:

"The most I can do for my friend is simply to be his friend. I have no wealth to bestow on him. If he knows that I am happy in loving him, he will want no other reward. Is not friendship divine in this?"

Thich Nhat Hanh:

"Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy."

ladylore

Account Closed
Re: Quotable Quotes

Inspirational Spark

"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. "

~ Jack Kerouac

rosedragon

Knowledge is power. When you gain that power, you gain control over your entire life and over yourself. When you have control over yourself, you will make better choices and decisions-- and your life will automatically improve.

"If you do follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in the field of your bliss, and they open doors to you. I say, Follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be." - Joseph Campbell

Are they themselves to blame
The misery, the pain?
Didn't we let go?
Allowed it,let it grow
If we can't restrain
The beast which dwells inside
It will find it`s way somehow, somewhere in time
--Our Solemn Hour lyric

Stand my ground, I won't give in
No more denying, I gotta face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand My Ground
--Stand My Ground lyric

When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another.
~ Helen Keller

I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble.
~ Helen Keller

Status
Not open for further replies.