More threads by David Baxter PhD

Status
Not open for further replies.

justhere

Thank you All for this wonderful thread! Reading Anne Frank's quote sobered me out of my *blahs* Quotes can inspire but also can be used to show us, life isnt easy for too many of us. I love threads like this and the music ones, etc! thank you all again, great reading

found this on a greetings card

somebody somewhere, dreams of you, and finds in your smile that life is worth while

somebody somewhere, dreams of you !!

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." - Carl Gustav Jung

I love quotes and that's my favourite quote :)

another one of his; "Who looks outside, dreams: who looks inside, awakens"

and a favourite from Eckhart Tolle;

"The pain that you create now is always some form of nonacceptance, some form of unconscious resistance to what is. On the level of thought, the resistance is some form of judgment. On the emotional level, it is some form of negativity. The intensity of the pain depends on the degree of resistance to the present moment, and this in turn depends on how strongly you are identified with your mind."

and as we had a thread on hatred;

"If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us."
Hermann Hesse

unionmary

Your soul is often times a battlefield, upon which your reason and your judgement wage war against your passion and your appetite.

Your reason and your passion are the rudder and the sails of your seafaring soul.

KAHLIL GIBRAN

Andy

MVP
"You can have your left foot in yesterday, your right foot in tomorrow, but be careful not to **** on today." Har har.
I am not sure who that is from, sorry...I don't even know where I read it. I may have read it off the bottom of someones profile. If I did I am sorry. I have a hamster brain.

So many quotes! I love collecting quotes. :) Here are a few of my favorites. I hope they give someone a smile or a touch of inspiration.

No matter how far you've gone down the wrong road, turn back.
-Turkish proverb

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
-George Eliot

Those only are happy who have their minds fixed on some object other than their own happiness: on the happiness of others, on the improvement of mankind, even on some art or pursuit followed not as a means, but as itself an ideal end. Aiming at something else, they find happiness by the way.
John Stuart Mill

I will act now for now is all I have.
-Og Mandino

They must often change, who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.
-Confucius

The greatest weariness comes from work not done.
-Eric Hoffer

You can never get enough of what you don?t really need.
-Unknown

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.
-Philo of Alexandria

Failure is an event, not a person. Yesterday ended last night.
Unkown

The world is not comprehensible, but it is embraceable.
-Martin Buber

The voice of negativity says, 'Get real.' The voice of possibility says 'Get started.'
--Donna Satchell

We cannot claim victory by avoiding the battle.
--Han Shan Te-Ch?ing

And finally, one of my favorite poems:

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

-Emily Dickinson

unionmary

We human beings are animals dependant on love.
Humberto Maturama, in E. Morin Method V

---------- Post added November 15th, 2009 at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was November 14th, 2009 at 11:15 AM ----------

?All of science is nothing more than refinement of everyday thinking.?

- From "Physics and Reality", 1936

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
?Comparing yourself to ideals is just another subtle way of resisting your life as it is.? ~ Ezra Bayda

A good reminder. I sometimes try to remind clients that the value of the "ideal self" is in having something to strive for - but it's important to keep in mind that by definition none of us will ever reach that goal.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Joseph Campbell quotes:

“People ask me, 'Do you have optimism about the world?' And I say, 'Yes, it's great just the way it is'

“We always affirm with conditions. I affirm the world on condition that it gets to be the way Santa Claus told me it ought to be. But affirming it the way it is — that's the hard thing.”

“People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonance within our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive. That's what it's all finally about.”

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
-Epictetus

People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.
- Dale Carnegie

From success to failure is one step; from failure to success is a long road.
- Yiddish Proverb

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.
- Albert Einstein

Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.
- Ann Landers

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it.
- Jonathan Winters

If a window of opportunity appears, don't pull down the shade.
- Tom Peters

Luck is when opportunity knocks, and you answer.
- Anonymous

A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
- Sir Francis Bacon

Status
Not open for further replies.