More threads by Meg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
How good can you let it get?
~ Alan Cohen

I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.
~ Rabindranath Tagore, Nobel laureate (1861-1941)

HBas

When you wake up, seek the courage and strength to do the right thing. Decide that this will be another day in which you Walk The Talk. ~ Eric Harvey

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Pablo Picasso

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
George Edward Woodberry

Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.
Dale Carnegie

HBas

When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude.
~GK Chesterton

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
How to Embrace an Attitude of Gratitude: 16 Quotes to Help You Refocus on the Positive ? A Beautiful Ripple Effect
November 29, 2010

You’ve done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination. - Ralph Marston

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. - Melody Beattie

Instead of thinking about what you’re missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing. - Unknown

These then are my last words to you. Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. - William James

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. - Marcel Proust

Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy. - Jacques Maritain

Positive anything is better than negative nothing. - Elbert Hubbard

When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. - Harriet Beecher Stowe

No one is as capable of gratitude as one who has emerged from the kingdom of night. -Elie Wiesel

Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind. - Lionel Hampton

Every single day do something that makes your heart sing. - Marcia Wieder

Each moment of the year has its own beauty… a picture which was never seen before and shall never be seen again. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

I always say to myself, what is the most important thing we can think about at this extraordinary moment. - Francois Duc De La Rochefoucauld

You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

How easily we get trapped in that which is not essential — in looking good, winning at competition, gathering power and wealth — when simply being alive is the gift beyond measure. - Parker J. Palmer

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."

~ Albert Einstein

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Despair says I cannot lift that weight. Happiness says I do not have to.

~ James Richardson

Andy

MVP
"An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves." ~ Bill Vaughn

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas" ~ Author unknown

"A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other." ~ Author unknown

Meg

Dr. Meg, Global Moderator, Practitioner
MVP
“People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas” ~ Author unknown

I like it.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anaïs Nin

"You become courageous by doing courageous acts...Courage is a habit." - Mary Daly

"Be courageous. It's one of the only places left uncrowded." - Anita Roddick

"The uplift of a fearless heart will help us over barriers. No one ever overcomes difficulties by going at them in a hesitant, doubtful way." - Laura Ingalls Wilder

"I urge you to be as impudent as you dare. BE BOLD, BE BOLD, BE BOLD." - Susan Sontag

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

"You can't test courage cautiously." - Anne Dillard

"It is better to be a lion for a day than a sheep all your life." - Elizabeth Kenny

"The right way is not always the popular and easy way. Standing for right when it is unpopular is a true test of moral character." - Margaret Chase Smith

"Courage is the most important of all virtues, because without it we can't practice any other virtue with consistency." - Maya Angelou

Source: 10 Women's Quotes on Courage | Psychology Today

The more I wonder....the more I love. - Alice Walker

Never lose a chance of saying a kind word. - William Makepeace Thackeray

To receive everything, one must open one's hands and give. - Taisen Deshimaru

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. - Philo

Whoever is happy will make others happy too. - Anne Frank

The greatest good you can do for another is not just to share your riches, but to reveal to him his own. - Benjamin Disraeli

What is this life if, full of care
We have no time to stand and stare? - W.H. Davies

Lie down and listen to the crabgrass grow, the faucet leak, and learn to leave them so. - Marya Mannes

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." -- Phyllis Diller

In other words:

I give up!!!! -- Janet (aka Cat Dancer)

Status
Not open for further replies.