Administrator
re: Quotable Quotes Part 6

"Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment." ~ Rumi

"If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?" ~ Rumi

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

The main point in the game of life is to have fun. We are afraid to have fun because somehow that makes life too easy.

~ Sammy Davis, Jr.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

“Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of, but stigma and bias shame us all.”

~ Bill Clinton

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." — Anaïs Nin

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." — Anaïs Nin

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." — Anaïs Nin

"Sometimes we reveal ourselves when we are least like ourselves" — Anaïs Nin

"Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death." — Anaïs Nin

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." — Anaïs Nin

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Life moves on, whether we act as cowards or heroes. Life has no other discipline to impose, if we would but realize it, than to accept life unquestioningly. Everything we shuts our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end. What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a source of beauty, joy and strength, if we faced with an open mind. Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.

~ Henry Miller

Quoted in A Mood Apart:

"Come, come, it's only the passions that make you think."

~ Madame Marie Anne du Deffand

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Sometimes the false self is what the true self would have been if it could come to the fore." ~ Donald Winnecot, quoted in The Fear of Insignificance

"At what point does conformity become corruption? Only by answering such questions does the conscience truly define itself." ~ Kenneth Tynan, critic and writer (1927-1980)

"You never know what you can do until you have to do it." ~ Betty Ford

"For most people, transformation is slow -- it happens without you realizing it." ~ Marsha Linehan

"Give up all other worlds except the world to which you belong." - David Whyte.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

The more you try to prove yourself, the more you need to prove. ~ Alan Cohen

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

‎"It's not because things are difficult that we dare not. It's because we dare not that things are difficult." ~ Seneca

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Fear is a universal experience. Even the smallest insect feels it. We wade in the tidal pools and put our finger near the soft, open bodies of sea anemones and they close up. Everything spontaneously does that. It's not a terrible thing that we feel fear when faced with the unknown. It is part of being alive, something we all share. We react against the possibility of loneliness, of death, of not having anything to hold on to. Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth."

~ Pema Chödrön, When Things Fall Apart

If you are having a bad day, get another one and get it quick!

~ Rissie Harris

“As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world … as in being able to remake ourselves.”

~ Gandhi

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"A professor is one who talks in someone else's sleep."

~ Auden

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Perfectionism is slow death. ~ Hugh Prather

Better is the enemy of the good. ~ Voltaire

Perfectionism is self-abuse of the highest order. ~ Anne Wilson Schaef

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. ~ Carl Rogers

There has never been an age that did not applaud the past and lament the present. ~ Lillian Eichler Watson

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Whatever increases, decreases, limits or extends the body's power of action, increases decreases, limits, or extends the mind's power of action. And whatever increases, decreases, limits, or extends the mind's power of action, also increases, decreases, limits, or extends the body's power of action.
- Spinoza (1632-1677)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

‎"I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life."

~Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes

If you want a quality, act as if you already have it.

~ William James

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"When solitude was a problem, I had no solitude. When it ceased to be a problem I found I already possessed it, and could have possessed it all along."

~ Thomas Merton

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain." ~ Joseph Campbell

"I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." ~ Joseph Campbell

"If you deliberately set out to be less than you are capable of becoming, you will be deeply unhappy for the rest of your life." ~ Abraham Maslow

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure." ~ Joseph Campbell

"Day by day we become what we do. This is the supreme law and logic of life." ~ Madame Chiang Kai-Shek

"Talk about it only enough to do it. Dream about it only enough to feel it. Think about it only enough to understand it. Contemplate it only enough to be it." ~ Jean Toomer

"Destiny is as destiny does. If you believe you have no control, then you have no control." ~ Wess Roberts

"Ultimately, of course, every outer purpose is doomed to "fail" sooner or later, simply because it is subject to the law of impermanence of all things. The sooner you realize that your outer purpose cannot give you lasting fulfillment, the better. When you have seen the limitations of your outer purpose, you give up your unrealistic expectation that it should make you happy, and you make it subservient to your inner purpose." ~ Eckhart Tolle

"
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are." ~ Joseph Campbell

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"The only difference between a flower and a weed is a judgment." ~ Wayne Dyer

"We forfeit three-quarters of ourselves in order to be like other people." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

"The pleasure of doing a thing in the same way at the same time every day, and savoring it, should be noted." ~ Arnold Bennett

GDPR

GDPR

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. ~ Carl Rogers

I have never seen this one before.It really made some things click in my brain when I read it......

Thanks for posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.