More threads by David Baxter PhD

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
re: Quotable Quotes Part 6

"...perhaps the most pure and exalted kind of love, is an utter, absolute, and unqualified wish for the happiness of another individual." ~ Dalai Lama

HBas

'I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.'

'I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw some things back...'

'I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision.'

'I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.'

Maya Angelou

desiderata

"We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

"You are not only responsible for what you say, but also for what you do not say."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"The hero's journey always begins with the call. One way or another, a guide must come to say, 'Look, you're in Sleepy Land. Wake. Come on a trip. There is a whole aspect of your consciousness, your being, that's not been touched. So you're at home here? Well, there's not enough of you there.' And so it starts." ~ Joseph Campbell

"You can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs." ~ Joseph Campbell

desiderata

" It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden
"Life, the ultimate challenge, is not a race to the finish but rather a process of continual growth."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

On the lighter side:

"Life is hard; get as much free cake as you possibly can."

~ William Shatner

desiderata

"Every time I close the door on reality it comes in through the window."

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true." ~ Francis Bacon

" Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go; it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow." ~ Alice Mackenzie Swaim

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

As far as service goes, it can take the form of a million things. To do service, you don't have to be a doctor working in the slums for free, or become a social worker. Your position in life and what you do doesn't matter as much as how you do what you do. ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

"Real power is measured by how much you can let things be." ~ Thoreau

"There is more to life than increasing its speed." ~ Gandhi

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress
~ Mahatma Gandhi

“Action may not bring happiness but there is no happiness without action.” ~ William James

"Infinite patience creates instant results." ~ A Course in Miracles

“In our relationships, how much can we allow them to become new, and how much do we cling to what they used to be yesterday?” ~ Ram Dass

Jazzey

Account Closed

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Beware dysfunctional independence—a mental state that, in the name of freedom, leaves you feeling less open and less connected to the world you live in.

~ Robert Holden

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

My crown is in my heart, not on my head;
Not decked with diamonds and Indian stones,
Nor to be seen: my crown is called content:
A crown it is that seldom kings enjoy.

~ Shakespeare, Henry VI

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Re: Quotable Quotes Part 6

"An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't." ~ Anatole France

Status
Not open for further replies.