More threads by Mari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Act like you know the truth because the truth is, we already know the truth. ~ Iyanla Vanzant

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Dan Millman quotes:

“There are no ordinary moments.”

"Life gives us brief moments with another...but sometimes in those brief moments we get memories that last a life time...”

“Unless someone truly has the power to say no, they never truly have the power to say yes.”

“Faith means living with uncertainty - feeling your way through life, letting your heart guide you like a lantern in the dark.”

Wayne Dyer quotes:

"Go for it now. The future is promised to no one."

"It's never crowded along the extra mile."

"Conflict cannot survive without your participation."

"Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for empowers you."

"You can never get enough of what you don't want."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Fear is only as deep as the mind allows. ~ Japanese proverb

Fear sharpens the senses; anxiety paralzyes them. ~ German psychiatrist Kurt Goldstein

Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. ~ Marie Curie

Worry gives a small thing a big shadow. ~ Swedish proverb

Source: Overcoming the Fear of Fear

desiderata

"You don't learn to hold your own in the world by standing on guard, but by attacking and getting well hammered yourself." ~ George Bernard Shaw

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.”

~ Alan Cohen

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Be not swept off your feet by the vividness of the impression, but say, "Impression, wait for me a little. Let me see what you are and what you represent. Let me try you."

~ Epictetus

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. The friends who listen to us are the ones we move toward. When we are listened to, it creates us, makes us unfold and expand.

~ Karl A. Menninger

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Quotes from the preview of Elisha Goldstein's The Now Effect:

"It is not too uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living." —Eckhart Tolle

"Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out of it alive." —Elbert Hubbard (an oldie-but-goodie quote. Hubbard lived mostly in the 19th century.)

“No valid plans for the future can be made by those who have no capacity for living now.” — Alan Watts

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
There are three ways to get something done: do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.

-- Monta Crane

"I quit therapy because my analyst was trying to help me behind my back."

~ comedian Richard Lewis

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

~ Albert Einstein

A repeat:

“The greatest and most impossible problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved but only outgrown.”

~ Carl Jung

Children's talent to endure stems from their ignorance of alternatives.

~ Maya Angelou, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Move, but don’t move the way fear moves you.
~ Rumi

Worries go down better with soup.
∼ Jewish Proverb

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.
~ XIV Dalai Lama

Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.
~ Wayne Dyer

Status
Not open for further replies.