More threads by Daniel E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Creative minds have been known to overcome even the worst programming. ~ Anna Freud

“As soon as you stop wanting something you get it. I've found that to be absolutely axiomatic.” ~ Andy Warhol

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” ~ Leo Tolstoy

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"Few men during their lifetime come anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used." ~ Richard E. Byrd

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"Our job in this lifetime is not to shape ourselves into some ideal we imagine we ought to be, but to find out who we already are and become it." ~ Steven Pressfield

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Every thought takes you somewhere. Choose thoughts that take you where you want to go. ~ Alan Cohen

“Habit simplifies our movements, makes them accurate, and diminishes fatigue.” ~ William James

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"When anxious, uneasy and bad thoughts come, I go to the sea, and the sea drowns them out with its great wide sounds, cleanses me with its noise, and imposes a rhythm upon everything in me that is bewildered and confused." ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Retired

Re: Quotable Quotes 7

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

John Wooden,

Former UCLA Basketball Coach

HBas

The only reason your mind won't stop its endless chattering... is because you won't stop listening to it!
- Guy Finley

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"From the backstabbing co-worker to the meddling sister-in-law, you are in charge of how you react to the people and events in your life. You can either give negativity power over your life or you can choose happiness instead. Take control and choose to focus on what is important in your life. Those who cannot live fully often become destroyers of life." ~ Anaïs Nin

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"Life is a process of becoming, a combination of states we have to go through. Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it. This is a kind of death." ~ Anaïs Nin

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." ~ Anaïs Nin

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." ~ Anaïs Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.