More threads by Daniel E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBas

To the degree we're not living our dreams, our comfort zone has more control of us than we have over ourselves.

-Peter McWilliams

HBas

The greatest discovery of any generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude. ~ William James

desiderata

Mind like water:
Imagine throwing a pebble into a still pond. How does the water respond? Appropriate to the force and mass of the input and then the water returns to calm. The water doesn't overreact or under react. Anything that causes you to overreact or under react can control you and often does.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature – trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence… We need silence to be able to touch souls." ~ Mother Teresa

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
“In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can’t build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery, and death.” ~ Anne Frank

NeedaName

“You gave your life to become the person you are right now. Was it worth it?” ~ Richard Bach

"Don’t try to make life a mathematics problem with yourself in the center and everything coming out equal. When you are good, bad things can still happen. And if you are bad, you can still be lucky." ~ The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"The whole problem can be stated quite simply by asking, 'Is there a meaning to music?' My answer would be, 'Yes.' And 'Can you state in so many words what the meaning is?' My answer to that would be, 'No.'" ~ Aaron Copland

Mari

MVP
“My skin is kind of sort of brownish pinkish yellowish white. My eyes are greyish blueish green, but I'm told they look orange in the night. My hair is reddish blondish brown, but its silver when it’s wet, and all the colors I am inside have not been invented yet.” ― Shel Silverstein, Where the Sidewalk Ends

AmZ

You create beauty with your attitude, your behaviour, your actions. It's all up to you ~ unknown author.

Katieann

Re: Quotable Quotes 7

Sometimes when I feel anxiety and panic, I do just little jobs that give me a sense of structure.... you can have minute vacations... and doing just one little constructive thing, like wipe your kitchen table or change the pet water... I think there's a Buddhist saying that is something like... " I draw water... I carry wood..." it's a kind of natural meditation.

Or was that "To do is to be - and to be is to do." :)) Ahh... all those smart guys end up saying the same thing...lol

Katieann

Status
Not open for further replies.