More threads by Daniel E.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
"The direction of our lives is more important than the speed at which we travel them."

- Harriet Lerner

MHealthJo

MVP, Forum Supporter
MVP
Yoda is so full of wisdom!! I've also gotten a lot of value from this one:

---------- Post Merged at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:51 PM ----------

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Ignore that absolute thinking... it's got about as much truth and good in it as a Sith.

Katieann

What an awesome quote - and worthy of great discussion... I really should review the "Starwars" story line completely... I did use Darth Vader as a Plutonian archetype in an astrology article. No wonder the story has lasted...it's about timeless values...and it was my era - I remember watching Starwars as a first run movie.

Now that officially makes me a dinosaur...lol! But a very loving one...:popcorn:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." ~ Michael Jordan

"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature ? trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence? We need silence to be able to touch souls." ~ Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa a very very intelligent women and compassionate beyond compare

making_art

“Do you think I've gone round the bend?"
"I'm afraid so. You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
It's especially true for certain types of anxiety disorders and mood disorders that are fueled by repetitive OCD-like ruminative negative thoughts.

Mari

MVP
"Strange is our situation here upon earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to a divine purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: That we are here for the sake of others...for the countless unknown souls with whose fate we are connected by a bond of sympathy. Many times a day, I realize how much my outer and inner life is built upon the labors of people, both living and dead, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received." ~ Albert Einstein

GDPR

GDPR
The day that you decide that you are more interested in being aware of your thoughts than you are in the thoughts themselves- that is the day you will find your way out.- Michael Singer

Status
Not open for further replies.