More threads by David Baxter PhD

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“In the beginning was the Topos. Before – long before – the advent of the Logos, in the chiaroscuro realm of primitive life, lived experience already possessed its internal rationality; this experience was producing long before thought space, and spatial thought, began reproducing the projection, explosion, image and orientation of the body.”

Henri Lefebvre, The Production of Space

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"The values of contemporary capitalism are drawn out into a suffocating eternity: it was always like this, and it always will be; the Flintstones and the Jetsons were, after all, basically the same people. But meanwhile those strange shapes and patterns on the cave walls still glimmer, beckoning us in — if we knew how to understand them — to a world impossibly different to our own."

~ Sam Kriss

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Time isn’t precious at all, because it is an illusion. What you perceive as precious is not time but the one point that is out of time: the Now. That is precious indeed. The more you are focused on time—past and future—the more you miss the Now, the most precious thing there is.”

― Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“I can no longer be sure whether the psyche is in me or whether I'm in the psyche...”

“Sometimes we act in order not to see.”

“Why do we focus so intensely on our problems? What draws us to them? Why are they so attractive? They have the magnet power of love: somehow we desire our problems; we are in love with them much as we want to get rid of them . . . Problems sustain us -- maybe that's why they don't go away. What would a life be without them? Completely tranquilized and loveless . . . There is a secret love hiding in each problem.”

James Hillman

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“But what we are is what our ancestors did. How they survived. We are the memories we don't remember..."

― Tommy Orange, There There

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

“In the day-to-day trenches of adult life, there is no such thing as atheism … Everybody worships. The only choice we get is what to worship.”

~ David Foster Wallace

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
“Never be so focused on what you're looking for that you overlook the thing you actually find.”

“Just because things hadn't gone the way I had planned didn't necessarily mean they had gone wrong.”

“There are a few times in life when you leap up and the past that you'd been standing on falls away behind you, and the future you mean to land on is not yet in place, and for a moment you're suspended knowing nothing and no one, not even yourself.” [reminds me of waking up from anesthesia :) ]

~ Ann Patchett ("An American author. She received the 2002 PEN/Faulkner Award and the Orange Prize for Fiction in the same year, for her novel Bel Canto.")

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.