More threads by forgetmenot

l was wondering how you were doing...Did you get some Antibiotics?? l had the same pain you are talking about and l lost alot of weight because of it. l had no one to ask, so for me, l did not use the orajel but took pain killers every 3 1/2 hrs or just tylenol so it maintains the same level in your blood so you are not feeling the pain come back. Try that and also l drank chiken or beef broth room tempreture and l also used a straw that bends and make sure you are having broth or liquids such as Ensure so you are still getting something besides water, ginger-ale or whatever you are drinking. By using a straw, you are keeping any liquid away from the root of the tooth or teeth..Another thing you can try is ground cloves ( if you can stomach the taste ) because it worked really well for me. You can rub it on the gums around the tooth/teeth or just your Oragel.

Just make sure you take medication every 3 1/2 hrs to keep the same level of medication without the wearing off, using a straw, Everything room temp and no eating until the pain goes away completely and try to rest as much as you can because you will heal more by getting rest. Put the straw back in your mouth so no liquid hits the tooth/teeth and keep taking antibiotic every 4 hrs if you have them and by tomorrow night/Sunday, you should be feeling less pain.. l hope l have helped you even a little and l do understand how you are feeling..ONE more thing, take one or two Gravol, because it relaxes your body and you might be clenching your jaw without realizing because of the Pain. l take Gravol with my Migraine meds to relax myself..Feel better soon and let me know how you are doing, Take good care, Michelle xo

Um I asked him maybe there is an infection he did not think so he said just pressure point and grinded teeth down some.
I have tried using the straw like you said Michelle it does not really help i did try it though
I hate taking medication but i have had to using my prn medication i have for sciatica pain for my teeth pain
It does take some of the edge off.
I am just afraid to eat really supper was hell. Room temperature food and liquids does help in that it is not as high pain but still get it.
I am just taking the pain med when the pain is too much but maybe your right
Maybe i need to keep taking it more frequently to keep a level maintenance in my blood stream uggg

I really do not want to go back to dentist again He did not listen to me i told him HEAT hurt them and not only heat but juices and cold any pressure on them
Thanks for the ideas Michelle I am able to drink some gingerale room temperature and will consider nourishment drinks if i um need them. thanks.

If the pain does not lessen soon i will have to consider calling my doctor i guess my gp may help me if he can check my gums for infection

It is hard because i don't sleep well but i guess i have never slept well but pain makes it worse and i do not eat anything and it still hurts at night

I cannot remember when i took last pain meds will wait and take one before going to bed maybe that will help some Even just breathing air in on them hurt them uggg Thanks for the ideas going to take meds soon and try to sleep

lf you did not have an infection, try gurgling with salt and water to make sure you don't get an infection but your dentist does not sound to sympathic to your issues. l would have thought he would have given you a prescription for at least a few days and if you grind your teeth, has he not recommended a mouthguard to wear at night?? That might be part of the pain you are still getting. l am sorry l cannot help more, but if you want to eat, make sure it is all soft but NOT ice cream. You can make jello and drink it at room temp as l used to give that to my children when they were young and had the flu, lt helps with the electrolytes .. Good Luck!

---------- Post Merged at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:56 PM ----------

One more thing, call your Dr. instead of the dentist to help you and always remember, the dentist gets paid by you so that is less money for him!

The saline rinse really caused alot of pain dont think i can do that again but at least the pain meds helps some Ithink i may have to call my reg doctor Monday

Yes, call your Dr. for sure if none of the above is working.. l know if l am really stressed or in pain, like my Migraines, l am forgetful too. l am waiting for my Migraine pills to be delivered so l can take one. l have a Migraine today so after doing housework and laundry, my head is hurting now.. l am sorry you are feeling so badly with your teeth. Talk later

Mari

MVP
I am also terrified of going to the dentist although I do find that diazepam helps a bit. I do not understand why dentists can not provide pain free/stress free treatment. I do not think you should still be in as much pain as you describe. Not only could you see your doctor but you should return to the dentist, tell him the pain you are experiencing, and that you need treatment to resolve the problem. I assume you paid good money and you should receive good treatment in return.

PS I would be happy to hear from a dentist on this matter as there are a few I have seen that deserve a bite!

GaryQ

MVP
I agree with everyone here that you should not be in this much pain. I can understand hot and cold causing temporary pain with sensitive teeth but the pain you are describing does not seem right to any of us here. Especially if you are using toothpaste for sensitive teeth like Sensodyne and you definitely would not need to take pain medication if there wasn't something wrong!

If you are forgetting when you took your pain medication take 2 seconds and write it down somewhere when you take one. The fridge seems to be the preferred location for notes of every woman I've ever know. You have to make a temporary decision between living with pain or your dislike of taking medication. I think you should take any measure you can to alleviate the pain until the cause has been found and resolved. Michelle made a good observation that if you grind your teeth at night that a mouth guard would be very helpful and recommended. I heard you can buy some off the shelf that are supposed to be just as good and avoid the insane prices dentists charge for a custom made one.

I really hope you can get this resolved quickly. Don't be afraid to be direct and assertive when you call the dentist and/or the Doctor. You are in a lot of pain and you want it taken care of.

I really do not think the pain is caused by grinding teeth no it is caused by what dentist did pain comes from teeth he repaired.

i have tried not to take pain meds but ended up taking one now.

I have to find time to to get into doctors work around taking care of my daughter and mother and other things that are popping up today.

Will call doctors i think now and see if i can be fit in on Monday inflammation and pain should be subsiding been too long for it not to subside

Sometimes i feel maybe i deserve this pain maybe higher powers are doing this but i know that is illogical thinking

ok today is Sunday lol no doctors around today so tomorrow make a note call doctors office first thing.

have to find number new doctor new phone number but will call tomorrow and i will check out teeth guards as well thanks.

l am so sorry you are feeling so terrible. l know calling the Dentist and him being so dismissive with you must not feel so great and l personally would change Dentist's because my Dentist immediately addresses any problems even if she cuts her lunchbreaks short to fit me in and she also prescribed Tylenol 3s for about 7 days if l was having any pain and would ask me to go in so she could check for any possible infection and prescribed Antibiotics if there was one and even after a week of having on-going pain. l think the dentist you are seeing is not helping you, especially in light of all the ongoing problems you have because it is now having an impact on your daily life and he should be more sympathetic to this. l know changing Dentist's is annoying to do , but it is your teeth and problems that need to be checked on rather then being left to suffer. We pay for Dentist's and our Doctors are paid by us through our taxes, so l fired one Dr. for being so negligent in calling me ONE YEAR later, to tell me l had very high Cholesteral and l will not repeat on here what l had to say to her but we put our trust in our Dentist's and Dr's, hoping they have our best interests at heart and if you are suffering like this, your Dentist is not helping you when you are relying on him. There are other Dentist's who will do what they are trained to do, including LISTENING to any issues the patient has. l am very sorry that anything l suggested never helped and l wish l could help you more but all l can do is now suggest what l have written and you are in my thoughts and prayers that this can be resolved sooner then later, Michelle xo

I just phoned to make appt with my doctor well he is away for a week and i cannot get in to see him until march 23
I kept the appt even though it is 3 weeks away ugggg
I am still not able to eat or drink muchas i do not want to feel that excruciating pain

All i can do is hope it for some reason the pain will subside.

Retired

One of your options would be to go to the Emergency of your local hospital, and if you are near a teaching hospital that has a Dentistry Department, then that would be a better Emergency choice.

Other options could be to look for a private dentistry practice that advertises emergency services, or as a last resort an medical walk in clinic.

You should not have to endure the pain and discomfort you are experiencing, but you may have to be a bit resourceful to get the care you urgently need.

Are there any medical clinics you can go to? l live about 5 min. from the medical clinic where l am and if l have a month to see my Dr., the ER end of the clinic, l can go there if l need to. l have gone many times at night to get an IV for my Migraines if my pills don't work. l will see another Dr. and sign and initial to have it sent to my Dr.s email that l was in. When l had a back tooth pulled, the Dentist prescribed Benetine to rinse my mouth with and some Tylenol 3 for pain and like you after a week, l was feeling horrible and went to the med clinic and the Dr. saw l did have an infection so he prescribed Antibiotics and told me to rinse in salt water 3 times a day. l am just over the border in Quebec and l am not sure where you are but maybe see if there is a clinic you can go to or maybe the ER at the Hospital...lt is hard when your Dentist is not so helpful to you, but if worse comes to worse, see in the phone book for another Dentist as they might have Emergency Hours for patients in your situation and if that is not possible, call the secretary at the Dentist and explain the whole situation and ask what see suggests and maybe just maybe, it might make your Dentist understand your situation is not improving, but don't think you deserve to have that pain, you deserve to be treated with dignity and your Dentist needs to know this. l feel so badly for you because you might be feeling ignored and isolated and l sometimes feel like that when everyone goes on with daily life and l feel like that when l have Migraines sometimes for days and l cannot function with even the smallest tasks because l am in so much pain and l had to keep seeing the Dr. about it and sometimes l thought she didn't understand my suffering but it is slowly getting worked out and l am just thinking of anything to help you, based on what l have gone through myself. Michelle

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I just phoned to make appt with my doctor well he is away for a week and i cannot get in to see him until march 23
I kept the appt even though it is 3 weeks away ugggg

Does he have a partner who could see you earlier? That's the way they work it with my doctor but you need to let them know that it's urgent.

um she did not say if he had a partner
i will try again tomorrow to see if he has a partner or if there is a walk in clinic there i can go too

ugggg wish i didn't have to fight this fear all the time of phoning people
ok maybe maybe if i just phone office back now and ask if there is a walk in clinic i could go to

i am in a little village so nothing here really for back up and if i go see my doctors office i want to make sure someone will be there

why am i so dam afraid to call people why it makes no sense to me

i use to be so assertive for others i used to be now i cannot even answer the phone i just don't know why i am this way. dam

I will wait until tomorrow morning uggg everything so hard or maybe i should just call now ugg

I looked up hours for walk in clinic on computer it says 5-8 after hours clinic i will get my hsb to take me tonight if it is open i will call when hsb get home soon to see if clinic is still on.

Dr is not opening clinic tonight just one thing after another i got an answering machine it said they were closed and the after hour clinic would not be open tonight will try to call tomorrow see if i can get in to see a different doctor

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.