More threads by Ashley-Kate

hey all , well i have fallen in love the first time since well since everything and it scares me to death but i feel soo good but i am scared of it is that normal? i really love him trust him i feel good with him but i am scared to death that it will happen to me again that he will hurt me that i am making a mistake that i don't deserve to be happy ... i don't know what is going on but i am just not the same girl when i am with him.. normally me very rational calculated and perfectionist with him i am just an average girl not an eating disorder not a problem child .. but if i lose that control what happens if i get hurt?
yours truly
Ashley

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
It's normal to be worried at the beginning of a new relationship when you've been hurt in previous relationships.

It takes effort to trust again and it feels very scary.

But in the end, not to trust, not to take a chance, letting what could be a very positive thing slip away because of the fear... that's worse, I think, and that's why most people keep trying.

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~ Anaïs Nin​

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.