More threads by forgetmenot

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Sounds like the makings of a treatment plan -- any negative thoughts I have would need to put in his voice as a way to externalize and ignore them :D

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
My treatment plan is try not to look at its face or listen to the voice at all. If I'm viewing something and it pops up, I mute it as fast as I can and then block the image/video.

Works pretty well for me. :)

GaryQ

MVP
Pretty good for a Canadian band :coffee:

Here's just one Canadian artist fact. And there are many most people think are American yet are Canadians working in the states.

Carrie Underwood has never stopped and has only sold 2/3 of what Shania Twain did yet (American) Billboard puts her as the Queen of Country.

Had Shania not stopped performing and recording after her breakdown caused by hubby and her so called "best friend" she would have literally shattered and left ALL female artists in all genres in the dust even potentially catching up to Madonna's sales and Country is popular but a niche category when compared to pop.

Shania Twain
Shania Twain is a Canadian songwriter and singer who has sold more than 100 million records. These sales ranked her as the best-selling female in country music and placed her among the top-selling music artists. Achieving this success earned her different titles among them Queen of Country Pop. Her second album which she released in 1995 titled The Woman In Me attracted widespread success and sold over 20 million copies.
She also clinched a Grammy Award from this album. The third album she released would become best-selling studio album ever done by a female act also doubling as a best-seller in country music. She has been awarded five Grammy Awards, got 27 BMI Songwriter awards, and she stands as the only female artist across the world to own three consecutive albums that were awarded a diamond certification.

GaryQ

MVP
Saw an interview a while back. She was in a really dark place for a very long time. She was at the "pull the plug" desperation and despair (a place many of us understand too well)

I saw a performance and that sparkle and fire in her eyes just wasn't the same. Healing is a slow process but was soo happy to hear that she pulled through.

But she can still rock a crowd. A true performer.

GaryQ

MVP
This is what I really loved about her. She could set the stage on fire but you can see her pure talent in this performance and tamed perfectly. May be considered a boring song as it's been used so much for weddings and proposals. But she wrote it from her heart. which when you look into her soul you can understand why she wound up in such a dark place. It's a live, personal not an overproduced version.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Shania Twain - Wikipedia

Personal life

Twain is a vegetarian[114][115] and a devotee of Sant Mat, an Eastern spiritual philosophy.[116]
Twain met producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange after he heard her original songs and singing from her debut album; he then offered to produce and write songs with her. They first met at Nashville's Fan Fair in June 1993 and quickly became close. They were married on December 28, 1993 and had a son, Eja (pronounced "Asia"), in August 2001.[117] On May 15, 2008, it was announced that Twain and Lange were separating after Lange allegedly had an affair with Twain's best friend, Marie-Anne Thiébaud.[69][70][118][119] Their divorce was finalized on June 9, 2010.[120] On December 20, 2010, it was reported that Twain was engaged to Swiss Nestlé executive Frédéric Thiébaud, the ex-husband of Marie-Anne.[121][122][123] They were married on January 1, 2011, in Rincón, Puerto Rico.[124]
She created Shania Kids Can in 2010, to address the needs of young school children who are typically overlooked by social assistance programs.[125][non-primary source needed]
Twain's autobiography, From This Moment On, was released on March 27, 2011.[126]
Twain is a long-time resident of Corseaux, Switzerland,[127] where her son was born.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I was also a long time fan of Mutt Lange as a record producer, actually.

Weird that she ended up married to the husband of the ex-best friend with whom her ex-husband Mutt Lange had an affair. I guess they consoled each other given that they were in the same situation.

Interesting video - a take-off to Robert Palmer videos with the genders switched:

I always liked this song by Anne Murray - here it's a duet with Shania Twain:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.