More threads by forgetmenot

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Ryan Reed from Rolling Stone described the song as "pulsating", adding; "Acoustic guitar chords give way to booming synth-pads on the chorus, as singer Luke Steele sings wistfully: 'If I had my way/ Never let you go.'"

Collin Robinson from Stereogum described the song as "a slow-building slice of euphoria with big drums, grand synths, and swishing ambient sweeps."

Lars Brandle of Billboard described the song as "a straight-up party tune which flows with melodies, synths and good times."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

The chorus:

I can't do well when I think you're gonna leave me
But I know I try
Are you gonna leave me now
Can't you be believing now

One person's Youtube commentary -- which may be off-base about the song's origin but is interesting nonetheless:

"This song is about the inner-self that everyone has. The world lies to themselves about what they are, and that's why he says "You cant be leaving now" as leaving your true-self. "We are the people that rule the world" refers to the people whom are truly themselves have the most power in this world. Be yourself, trust your gut, do what you think is best and the rest follows."

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

YouTube comment:

"I'm from the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation in Alberta Canada. Lost my language and culture, while being raised in foster care...feeling a very strong pull lately, to learn the ways of our ancestors. This brought me to tears, yet gave me a sense of peace and love at the same time."

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I used to know a guy (going back 2-3 decades here) who had very eclectic tastes in music and frequently played bands we'd never heard of. His best friend and roommate called him "master of the bottom 40". :D

But the reality was most of the stuff he played was good though it probably never made it to FM radio play.

In that respect, you remind me of him, Daniel. :)

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
It's the hipster in me :D

But I am shocked Jungle is not on the radio in Arizona, even though they are performing in Phoenix again this year. I just e-mailed my local radio station to request them.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Ahead of the LP’s arrival on February 25th via Concord Records, Tears for Fears founding members Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith also shared the first single and title track “The Tipping Point,” which — like the album — was inspired by a series of professional and personal “tipping points” in the years following their last album, 2004’s Everybody Loves a Happy Ending.

For Orzabal, that point was influenced by the death of his wife Caroline in 2017. “It came at a time when my (late) wife was very ill. I was watching her become a ghost of her former self. So the song’s narrator is in a hospital ward looking at people about to cross the threshold that we call death,” Orzabal told Rolling Stone.

The Tipping Point is the seventh studio album by the English pop rock band Tears for Fears, released on 25 February 2022 through Concord Records.[5] It is the band's first studio album since Everybody Loves a Happy Ending, released almost 18 years prior.

Last edited:
Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.