More threads by SS8282

Very good point ThatLady! The giving and receiving of support in a mutual relationship provides for a balanced relationship. It is important to be able to receive as it is to give. Very good!

Very good point ThatLady! The giving and receiving of support in a mutual relationship provides for a balanced relationship. It is important to be able to receive as it is to give. Very good!

momof5

comfortzone said:

You know this is one of my biggest problems, not recieving help.

Since my injuries I ask less of my children, but, they are such great kids, that they offer to help me out, and if I don't really think they need to, they do so anyhow.

My son has done my total wash for me twice in the past week or so. Sorted and all!

momof5

comfortzone said:

You know this is one of my biggest problems, not recieving help.

Since my injuries I ask less of my children, but, they are such great kids, that they offer to help me out, and if I don't really think they need to, they do so anyhow.

My son has done my total wash for me twice in the past week or so. Sorted and all!

ThatLady

I'm sure your son feels wonderful that he's able to help you, momof5. Mothers give so much of themselves, it's really a great feeling when one is able to give something back. It allows a young person to revel in the joy of growing up and knowing that they are becoming "responsible adults". I find myself smiling when I think of how much helping you is doing for your son. Believe me, it's making him feel sooo important, sooo worthy, and sooo loved! :)

ThatLady

I'm sure your son feels wonderful that he's able to help you, momof5. Mothers give so much of themselves, it's really a great feeling when one is able to give something back. It allows a young person to revel in the joy of growing up and knowing that they are becoming "responsible adults". I find myself smiling when I think of how much helping you is doing for your son. Believe me, it's making him feel sooo important, sooo worthy, and sooo loved! :)

SS8282

I posted, but for some reason, it's not here. What I said was that momof5, you have a really good kids, to help you out without being asked. Congratulations to you and your kids.

ThatLady, I totally agree with what you said. You are one smart lady.

I've been down with a migraine for almost 2 weeks now, and the last few days were pretty bad, so I didn't post. I'm on meds for the migraine now.

Anyway, you've all given me food for thought. You people are so supportive - thank you.

My mom told me that she has an appointment with the surgeon in November. That's when she'll get the results, because the results will be sent directly to him. That's a long wait.

SS8282

I posted, but for some reason, it's not here. What I said was that momof5, you have a really good kids, to help you out without being asked. Congratulations to you and your kids.

I've been down with a migraine for almost 2 weeks now, and the last few days were pretty bad, so I didn't post. I'm on meds for the migraine now.

Anyway, you've all given me food for thought. You people are so supportive - thank you.

My mom told me that she has an appointment with the surgeon in November. That's when she'll get the results, because the results will be sent directly to him. That's a long wait.

ThatLady

Ouch! That is a long wait, hon; especially, under these circumstances. It's going to be difficult for your family until the results are known. Be sure to take time for yourself, and treat yourself with loving kindness, just as you would treat anyone else who was facing what you and your family are facing.

Hugs to all of you!

ThatLady

Ouch! That is a long wait, hon; especially, under these circumstances. It's going to be difficult for your family until the results are known. Be sure to take time for yourself, and treat yourself with loving kindness, just as you would treat anyone else who was facing what you and your family are facing.

Hugs to all of you!

momof5

SS:
I totally understand how headaches feel. And what its like to be down with them. Though not knowing the cause of yours, have you tried ice packs on your head? They dont always take them away, but they sure do help to relieve it just a bit sometimes.

Maybe we should start to call her That SmartLady ;>)

momof5

SS:
I totally understand how headaches feel. And what its like to be down with them. Though not knowing the cause of yours, have you tried ice packs on your head? They dont always take them away, but they sure do help to relieve it just a bit sometimes.

Maybe we should start to call her That SmartLady ;>)

SS8282

Momof5, many things trigger a migraine for me. I think this time around it's the weather, along with the stress of other things. I've never tried ice packs before, usually heat. I'll try ice though.

I agree, we should change ThatLady's name to ThatSmartLady :eek:)

SmartLady, thanks for the reminder, about taking care of ourselves. I noticed my mother is doing a lot of extra things for me. It'll be so hard especially for her.

SS8282

Momof5, many things trigger a migraine for me. I think this time around it's the weather, along with the stress of other things. I've never tried ice packs before, usually heat. I'll try ice though.

I agree, we should change ThatLady's name to ThatSmartLady :eek:)

SmartLady, thanks for the reminder, about taking care of ourselves. I noticed my mother is doing a lot of extra things for me. It'll be so hard especially for her.

momof5

SS:
What I do is I put the heating pad on my back so that its about neck/shoulder level. Then I put the icepack in a towel and put it all around my head. Usually covering my eyes. If no body is home, I sit in my recliner.

If everyone is here making tons of noise, I go up to bed.

I use two zip lock bags to put the ice in, and squeeze out the air, lol, should just get a regular ice pack, but the zip lock bags last a while, I just dump them and let them air dry!

I fill one about half way with ice, squeeze out the air, put that into another zip lock bag (these are the gallon sizes) squeeze out the air. This way, the ice sort of lays on your head better. Wrap in a towel, I use a thin dish towel.

It helps if I do the regime as soon as the headache starts in my back to my shoulders, if I don't do it asap, then I get a severe one.

Also, if you have anyone to give you a foot massage, that helps also. There is an area on the bottom of your foot around the big toe and next one on the upper padding behind the foot that is about where it relates to your head somehow. A nice massage for the feet can help also.

momof5

SS:
What I do is I put the heating pad on my back so that its about neck/shoulder level. Then I put the icepack in a towel and put it all around my head. Usually covering my eyes. If no body is home, I sit in my recliner.

If everyone is here making tons of noise, I go up to bed.

I use two zip lock bags to put the ice in, and squeeze out the air, lol, should just get a regular ice pack, but the zip lock bags last a while, I just dump them and let them air dry!

I fill one about half way with ice, squeeze out the air, put that into another zip lock bag (these are the gallon sizes) squeeze out the air. This way, the ice sort of lays on your head better. Wrap in a towel, I use a thin dish towel.

It helps if I do the regime as soon as the headache starts in my back to my shoulders, if I don't do it asap, then I get a severe one.

Also, if you have anyone to give you a foot massage, that helps also. There is an area on the bottom of your foot around the big toe and next one on the upper padding behind the foot that is about where it relates to your head somehow. A nice massage for the feet can help also.

SS8282

Heating pad and ice pack at the same time? Zip lock bags are the best. I put ice in them for times when I get a mosquito bite or something and I swell up. I don't bother to squeeze the air out. I just close it up. When the ice melted a bit I throw the whole bag into the freezer to harden the ice again.

Foot massage sounds so good. Unfortunately, there's nobody here to give me one. :eek:(

How are you doing?

SS8282

Heating pad and ice pack at the same time? Zip lock bags are the best. I put ice in them for times when I get a mosquito bite or something and I swell up. I don't bother to squeeze the air out. I just close it up. When the ice melted a bit I throw the whole bag into the freezer to harden the ice again.

Foot massage sounds so good. Unfortunately, there's nobody here to give me one. :eek:(

How are you doing?

momof5

Hi SS:
I'm doing ok, I guess.

I'm hanging in and getting ready to get seriously into web design and make some crafts I think. My daughter can take a few arrangements to her job, so I hope to sell a few.

And we are going to work on candles together, my daughter and I, so that would be really great to do this with her.

I have always called her my princess, so I am naming the candles princess scents. I miss these things so she will help with shows if I decide to do them, and she does those charm bracelets that are in squares, I think they are called italian charms.

Oh, the reason i squeze the air out of the bags is because they seem to lay on my head better, lol, I don't have to hold them, I can just toss them up there over the eyes and head and wonder into lala land ;>)

momof5

Hi SS:
I'm doing ok, I guess.

I'm hanging in and getting ready to get seriously into web design and make some crafts I think. My daughter can take a few arrangements to her job, so I hope to sell a few.

And we are going to work on candles together, my daughter and I, so that would be really great to do this with her.

I have always called her my princess, so I am naming the candles princess scents. I miss these things so she will help with shows if I decide to do them, and she does those charm bracelets that are in squares, I think they are called italian charms.

Oh, the reason i squeze the air out of the bags is because they seem to lay on my head better, lol, I don't have to hold them, I can just toss them up there over the eyes and head and wonder into lala land ;>)

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.