More threads by SS8282

momof5

SS8282 said:
How old are your kids?

Keep wandering rambling. You make sense. Like to listen to you. :eek:) Sorry you're in the middle so much between your hubbie and son. Is he like that with everyone?

I have 5 children. Oldest is going to be 24, and he is stationed in california in the marines. Just promoted to sergent. He was recomended for this not long after making corporal. However, he had some thigns that He needed to accomplish first. Going to Iraq twice created a bit of a slow down in his promotion.

Someone told my husband at work that was in the service, that it is almost unheard of for someoen to get a recomendation for promotion that quickly. He is going to make a career out of it.

Not surprising though as when he was a child he always wished to go to military school! lol.

Next one is 22 and works in construction and moved back with us and sleeps in the basement. Sometimes I wonder how we did it with 5 children in our house! lol

Next is my daughter who is 20 And in January will be married for a year. She teaches pre school, and loves it.

Next is my 16 year old son. Very into paintball.

Last is my 12 year old, the one that needs the counseling. I was reading on Dupong hospitals site their information regarding bi-polar, and they say that abuse can cause this in people. So sad.

In asnwer to your question is he like this with all of them? Yes. No matter what you ask him not to do he does it. always tormented the kids. My daughter didnt wish for me to work because she didn't want him tormenting her. I had to leave my inlaws phone number for her to call her grandmom if he started with her.

My youngest is a different type of child. Very emotional, always was. Was always a loner, even when he was very little. He would have prefered sitting by himself away from everyone putting puzzels together or whaterver. He wishes to work with making games etc.. inventing. He is so higly intelligent. though he hates school?

btw, thanks for liking to listen to me. ;>)

momof5

David Baxter said:
I was reading on Dupong hospitals site their information regarding bi-polar, and they say that abuse can cause this in people.
I don't think there's any real evidence of this, momof5.

OOPS spelling correction here. Dupont Hospital in Delaware USA. ;>)

SS8282

It's amazing how you managed to raise 5 kids. What's even more amazing is that you stayed with your hubby though he treated the kids so poorly, especially the youngest. I hope he doesn't do the same to you.

Maybe if you go with your 12yr old to see a therapist might help. I guess they call it family counselling. It is definately damaging to your son with your hubbie saying all these nasty things to and about him. Actually, it would be good if your hubby sees a therapist. I don't want to be rude or anything. I'm just concerned. You're a very nice person and I worry about you and your son.

If there's something I can help you with, please let me know.

Btw - you're other kids sound great! Maybe they can help your 12 yr old to feel better about himself.

Take care, momof5

SS8282

It's been raining for the past couple of days, and my darn headache is back. grrrrrrrrrrrr How can I get my head to be less sensitive to the weather? At least I think it's the weather.

momof5

SS8282 said:
It's been raining for the past couple of days, and my darn headache is back. grrrrrrrrrrrr How can I get my head to be less sensitive to the weather? At least I think it's the weather.

Have had the rain here as well, and before this weekend we had 9 straight days of rain. Yes increases headaches as well.

Have you discussed the possibility that the headaches could be muscle spasam related?

SS8282

My dr. and I both believe it's weather related, and doesn't seem like there's much that can be done about it. Can't control the weather. Just have to 'rely' on meds if the headaches get too bad.

momof5

I was curious as the weather starts the thoracic area of the back during the day (lumbar and all other areas at night!)

So with all the rain we have had here in NJ, I have been getting them like crazy, but with the cocktail of meds they advised me to take, it does help. Though am low on them, have scripts but have to wait till saturday/hubbies pay day, to get them refilled.

Don't forget about the heating pad and ice packs. Make sure you wrap the icepack in a towel so that your head doesn't get too cold, it could aggrivate it if it does sometimes.

SS8282

Hope you have enough meds to last you until you can get your refills.

I'll remember the heating pad and ice packs. It's harder to apply them while I'm at work tho, so I'll have to do it on-off throughout the day.

momof5

SS8282 said:
Hope you have enough meds to last you until you can get your refills.

I'll remember the heating pad and ice packs. It's harder to apply them while I'm at work tho, so I'll have to do it on-off throughout the day.

I managed to get a few of them refilled. It is an expense even though we have a script plan.

They hydrocodone I am streaching out. I have 4 left, and an appt on tuesday. I can break them if necessary, but the script recomended for the headaches is two of those, one anxiety med and one muscle relaxer. IF that don't work, then two valium.

So far things have been good with the headaches, they start, but are manageable now. thank God for that.

Sorry you have to wait till work is over to work with yours. I wonder how people manage with different thigns like this when working.

IF I ever get this web stuff going, at least I wil be workign at home so I can work with the things that are wrong.

SS8282

Glad to hear your headaches aren't so bad right now. I hate to ration meds.

I would just love to be able to work at home, but it's not possible - in my situation.

Just this past weekend, I had migraine - again, and this time, my jaw hurts too, cuz all the clenching. To make matters worse, I also have some kind of bladder infection or something. So I'm on antibiotics. If it's not one thing, it's another. Man it really sux.

momof5

Yeah, I know how you feel. I try to maintain a positive out look by telling myself that there are others out there that are worse then I am. And even though I feel that pain etc.. at least I have the feeling. There are those bound in chairs that most likely wish they could feel.

Sorry about your headache. There are special dental things that you can purchase for the clenching.

SS8282

The night guard helps my jaw, but doesn't help my head.

I was fine for the past few days, but now, my head is starting to hurt. It's suppose to rain tomorrow. I dunno. How do I fight the weather?

Then, my asthma's kinda acting up. Took an afternoon nap, but my chest got tight. I HATE the weather - the quick changes. *sigh*

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
After a quick web search, some things that may prevent weather-triggered headaches seem to include:

1. Taking preventative medication.
2. Reducing other triggers like stress, caffiene, etc.
3. Unrealistically (for most people), moving to a different location with less storms. In the US, this would be Hawaii or San Diego, California.
4. Exercising regularly:

Regular aerobic exercise reduces tension and can help prevent migraines. If your doctor agrees, choose any aerobic exercise you enjoy, including walking, swimming and cycling. Warm up slowly, however, because sudden, intense exercise can cause headaches.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00120.html

SS8282

Daniel, thanks for the suggestions.

I exercises regularly. Guess I need to do more or do it when I feel a headache coming on. I'll try to do some relaxation more. Maybe that'll help.

I'll really need that because there's a trade show that's coming up that I have to attend and my shrink's office called today to tell me that my appointment this week has been cancelled. I can reschedule, but don't think it'll do any good, because the last time he cancelled an appointment was in September, and the earliest date then, was for January/February. Fortunately, I've got an appointment scheduled for every month for the rest of the year, but that won't be help me with the trade show issue, which is at the end of the month.

I am social phobic and I don't do well at all with people. :eek:(

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I am social phobic and I don't do well at all with people. :eek:

Of course, on the positive side, everyone at a trade show has a common interest, so it may not be too bad. The worst part, at least for me, is just the anticipatory stress, which, at best, resembles some form of excitement.

SS8282

There is a common interest, but they have the technical knowledge - I don't. I'm there to snoop and smooze. People tend to like talking to me, but I'm scared to death at talking to them, so I hardly say anything. Guess that's why they like to talk to me, and having people being at ease with me is important cuz if we (my company and theirs) end up doing a 'partner' thing or even have them as client, I'll have to interact with them as some point.

I don't mind interacting over the phone, but in person - I'm shaking. My anxiety goes to overdrive and I get panicky. I've already started thinking of taking extra meds, have a drink or two at the show or even both. I've even thought of hurting myself to the point that I can't go.

I called my shrink's office today and I was right - the next available appointment won't be until next year. :eek:(

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.