More threads by SS8282

SS8282

Momof5, you're very creative. I love the name for the candles :eek:) If you can make some money out of selling the crafts, that would be great. Of course, the real bonus is making them with your daughter.

The naproxen that I've been taking for my headaches - have been hurting my tummy. I do take it with food, but my tummy still burns. Guess I can't have everything.

SS8282

Momof5, you're very creative. I love the name for the candles :eek:) If you can make some money out of selling the crafts, that would be great. Of course, the real bonus is making them with your daughter.

The naproxen that I've been taking for my headaches - have been hurting my tummy. I do take it with food, but my tummy still burns. Guess I can't have everything.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I have never been able to tolerate anti-inflammatory drugs. I don't have any chronic conditions that require them, thankfully, but the few times I have had them prescribed I have discontinued them after 2 or 3 days -- the cure is worse than the disease!

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I have never been able to tolerate anti-inflammatory drugs. I don't have any chronic conditions that require them, thankfully, but the few times I have had them prescribed I have discontinued them after 2 or 3 days -- the cure is worse than the disease!

momof5

David Baxter said:

so true, I refues nsaids and steroids as they cause many problems with me. Some sort of machine on my shoulder in my first round of therapy had steroids in it, and caused eye floaters for me. As soon as they started it. THEN they ignored me and used it a second time. Third visit, I refused it and told them what it was doing, dont' think they believed me, but a neurologist did, and even had a term for itt. Think I could remember it? Nope.

momof5

David Baxter said:

so true, I refues nsaids and steroids as they cause many problems with me. Some sort of machine on my shoulder in my first round of therapy had steroids in it, and caused eye floaters for me. As soon as they started it. THEN they ignored me and used it a second time. Third visit, I refused it and told them what it was doing, dont' think they believed me, but a neurologist did, and even had a term for itt. Think I could remember it? Nope.

SS8282

Um, who's Dennis?

Ive been on steroids on/off over the years. Makes me gain weight. Wonder when it's better to refuse meds and just stick with the illness.

Heard something sad today - related to my friend, but this is not the right place to post :eek:(

SS8282

Um, who's Dennis?

Ive been on steroids on/off over the years. Makes me gain weight. Wonder when it's better to refuse meds and just stick with the illness.

Heard something sad today - related to my friend, but this is not the right place to post :eek:(

momof5

SS8282 said:
1. Um, who's Dennis?

2. Ive been on steroids on/off over the years. Makes me gain weight. Wonder when it's better to refuse meds and just stick with the illness.

3, Heard something sad today - related to my friend, but this is not the right place to post :eek:(
1. Dennis is someone from another forum Doc and I are on. Nice person. (yes doc is as well)

2. I dont agree with steroids, My youngest had exercise induced asthma. They put him on steroids, and he gained weight, and now he can't loose it, and that was years ago they did this. Had I known that it would cause him to gain weight, I would never have put him on them, and aksed for a different method of treating this.

3. I'm sorry that you heard something sad, I hope all is ok with you and yours.

momof5

SS8282 said:
1. Um, who's Dennis?

2. Ive been on steroids on/off over the years. Makes me gain weight. Wonder when it's better to refuse meds and just stick with the illness.

3, Heard something sad today - related to my friend, but this is not the right place to post :eek:(
1. Dennis is someone from another forum Doc and I are on. Nice person. (yes doc is as well)

2. I dont agree with steroids, My youngest had exercise induced asthma. They put him on steroids, and he gained weight, and now he can't loose it, and that was years ago they did this. Had I known that it would cause him to gain weight, I would never have put him on them, and aksed for a different method of treating this.

3. I'm sorry that you heard something sad, I hope all is ok with you and yours.

SS8282

I have asthma - the brittle kind. Sometimes exercising makes me weezy, like going up the stairs or carrying a box from A to B. I'm sorry you son can't lose the weight. I'm trying to lose mine - due to steroids and other meds.

Oh, you're right - Doc is nice too. :eek:)

SS8282

I have asthma - the brittle kind. Sometimes exercising makes me weezy, like going up the stairs or carrying a box from A to B. I'm sorry you son can't lose the weight. I'm trying to lose mine - due to steroids and other meds.

momof5

SS8282 said:

So sorry to hear about the asthma.

My son likes food, well both youngest do. Next to youngest is a bean pole and eats tons of food. youngest gets upset because instead of the 4-5 slices of pizza his brother can put down, I only permit the 2, maybe 2 and a half slices.

I hope he looses, but suspect bi polar with him, and I was supposed to call dupont today to schedule his appt, but, I worry they might take him from me once he starts talking about how his dad is. THat is the fear that holds me back, loosing my son.

Todays outburst of things was due to something minor, but escalated, and then hubbie dear saying that Joey was nuts and was the kind of kid that kills his family. Yeah, say that with joey in ear shot.

On the other hand, I am so tired of being in the middle per say of all of this. Hubbie torments puts son in aggitates state, then all suffer. Nobody can look at him etc... Not a pretty family picture here at all. :>(

I guess woried and stressed is a good place to chat about this sort of thing.

Spent the day with a headache instead of cleaning the basement and searching online for htings I need to accomplish.

I have a few fall arrangements that if I make them daughter will take them to work for me.

Hmm, I seem to be wandering rambling, if that makes any sense?

btw, the Great and Might Doc helped me greatly to get my forum going up decently again, thanks doc, you are so appreciated (even though we love to tease the daylights out of you ;>) )

momof5

SS8282 said:

So sorry to hear about the asthma.

My son likes food, well both youngest do. Next to youngest is a bean pole and eats tons of food. youngest gets upset because instead of the 4-5 slices of pizza his brother can put down, I only permit the 2, maybe 2 and a half slices.

I hope he looses, but suspect bi polar with him, and I was supposed to call dupont today to schedule his appt, but, I worry they might take him from me once he starts talking about how his dad is. THat is the fear that holds me back, loosing my son.

Todays outburst of things was due to something minor, but escalated, and then hubbie dear saying that Joey was nuts and was the kind of kid that kills his family. Yeah, say that with joey in ear shot.

On the other hand, I am so tired of being in the middle per say of all of this. Hubbie torments puts son in aggitates state, then all suffer. Nobody can look at him etc... Not a pretty family picture here at all. :>(

I guess woried and stressed is a good place to chat about this sort of thing.

Spent the day with a headache instead of cleaning the basement and searching online for htings I need to accomplish.

I have a few fall arrangements that if I make them daughter will take them to work for me.

Hmm, I seem to be wandering rambling, if that makes any sense?

btw, the Great and Might Doc helped me greatly to get my forum going up decently again, thanks doc, you are so appreciated (even though we love to tease the daylights out of you ;>) )

SS8282

How old are your kids?

Keep wandering rambling. You make sense. Like to listen to you. :eek:) Sorry you're in the middle so much between your hubbie and son. Is he like that with everyone?

SS8282

How old are your kids?

Keep wandering rambling. You make sense. Like to listen to you. :eek:) Sorry you're in the middle so much between your hubbie and son. Is he like that with everyone?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.