More threads by HotthenCold

Jazzey

Account Closed
Hi Ladylore - I hope that you know that I was just teasing you and Healthbound - my intention was to genuinely thank you for your support, and not admonishing you for reminding me. I've been in a bit of a punchy / jokey mood lately. That's how I express affection at times.

But, I will answer your question - tonight, I will celebrate my success with a long hot bath, a little Jazz playing in the background and some lavender candles by tub side! :heart:

...Again, I apologize to both you and Healthbound if my post came off the wrong way - self-expression is not always my strong point....:red:

Jazzey

Account Closed
Hi Healthbound!

My day is doing great. No liquor, no cigs (although thinking of both of them! :D )

How about you? How does the trek to health find you?
===============
And thank you!

Last edited:
great to hear jazzey! congrats!

i'm struggling with binging on sugar and chocolate lately. i'm very frustrated about it. sux. feel outta control. i'm reading a couple books about eating disorders plus i bought a twelve by twelve (12 steps) and have been reading that. still struggling tho. guess i'll get it at some point tho, lol?

anyway, running out the door...
bye and congrats again on being booze and smoke free!!!!!!!! yahoo!!

ladylore

Account Closed
Hi Ladylore - I hope that you know that I was just teasing you and Healthbound - my intention was to genuinely thank you for your support, and not admonishing you for reminding me. I've been in a bit of a punchy / jokey mood lately. That's how I express affection at times.

But, I will answer your question - tonight, I will celebrate my success with a long hot bath, a little Jazz playing in the background and some lavender candles by tub side! :heart:

...Again, I apologize to both you and Healthbound if my post came off the wrong way - self-expression is not always my strong point....:red:

No need to apologise. Sounded great to me and your plan sounds even better.

:hug:

Jazzey

Account Closed
Thanks Ladylore - I'm pretty excited about my plan too - don't typically take the time to do this.....

take care,
===============
Hi Healthbound - just discovered your post - don't know how I missed it earlier...

Sorry to hear you're struggling with the sweets - been there / done that! LOL

I also struggle with other obnoxious foods (fatty).

Lately, whenever I am tempted by the sweets, I make a pot of green tea - the real stuff (the leaves). There are some good ones out there. Recent studies suggest that they are really good antioxidants AND they curb the sweets rampage! (caveat emptor - don't know how good the research is but, I do find it helps me....)

Somewhere on this post, I also someone suggest sweet-potatoes - that helps too. Except, I do sweet-potatoe fries...mmmm...slice it really thin (like chips), put in a large bowl, depending on the amounts, a dash of olive oil (eg. for three pot/oes - I would put about a tblsp), some paprika, some pepper (and salt if you want - I don't), oregano, basil and thyme (dried). Place the slices on a baking sheet - oven at 450. You can decide on when to take them out, I like mine crunchy - about 20-30 minutes.

...it does curb the sweet addiction....

Good luck Healthbound! Supporting you all the way! :2thumbs:
===============
..and the fries keep if you store in an airtight container in the fridge (I've kept mine for many days). They're my snack at work....
===============
...I'm sorry everyone...I fell off the wagon tonight ('bout an hour ago - 7PM). I'll start over tomorrow....I just wanted to be honest about it all.
===============
...Sending all of you a lot of strength and support in your commitment to get / stay healthy! :thewave:

And thanks again for being supportive of mine....still on that path everyone.

Last edited:

ladylore

Account Closed
I keep a list of things to do until the urge/craving passes.
Eating does help but most importantly - protien.
Calling a friend
Jigsaw puzzle....It can go on from there

There is the HALTT principle too. Am I Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired, Thirsty.
I keep close tabs for all of these things for myself because they do lead to cravings.

Most importantly, I eat breakfast. A small one but mainly of protien. Helps level out the blood suger for the day. When I skip breakfast all hell can break loose in my body. Not a great feeling.

Hope you don't mind - just a few more ideas.

Jazzey

Account Closed
Great ideas Ladylore! :) I've also learned recently (article) that when you don't eat bk, it could lead to diabetes later on in life....something to mull over.

amastie

I keep a list of things to do until the urge/craving passes.Eating does help but most importantly - protien....
Me too, ladylore Protein always leaves me more satisfied for longer so I don't get hungry as quickly.
amastie
===============
great to hear jazzey! congrats!

i'm struggling with binging on sugar and chocolate lately. i'm very frustrated about it. sux. feel outta control. i'm reading a couple books about eating disorders plus i bought a twelve by twelve (12 steps) and have been reading that. still struggling tho. guess i'll get it at some point tho, lol?

anyway, running out the door...
bye and congrats again on being booze and smoke free!!!!!!!! yahoo!!

I feel for you healthbound, know what it''s like and congratulate you on all your great effort :)
amastie

Last edited:

Jazzey

Account Closed
...Celebrated 1 week, 1 day without alcohol today by going and buying all of the trimmings to decorate for Christmas (minus the tree which i'll get tomorrow)..this will be the first time in my adult life that I've decorated my home for Christmas.:)

....Notice I'm being suspiciously silent on the cigs...;) (still working on it though)

amastie

...:cheers:
(and good luck with the cigs ;) )
amastie

Dear Jazzey,

How awful! I've just returned to this thread to find that my intentioin to include a smile which simply read "cheers" was in fact a picture of two people drinking (perhaps alchohol). It was NEVER my intention to show that! I've been finding that the list of smileys takes a while to load and have occasionally used an icon on the basis of its *name* before seeing it's icon.

I'm ***so*** sorry for such a totally inappropriate icon!!!

And I've only just discovered it.

May we consider that the the two friends are saying "Cheers" over a large mug of coffee or soda water? .. whatever your preference.

Again, I'm soooo sorry. It serves me right for not not waiting to see the icon first - though I've sometimes found that the pictures for many of the smilieys don't display at *all*. I don't know why that is. I know that I'm also made the mistake of using a Xmas icon to say somthing which is not what I had intended.

I truly didn't mean to be so *totally* insensitive. I am totally flabergasted at my mistake.

I hope you can forgive me for that Jazzey

:support: :flowers:

amastie

Jazzey

Account Closed
..you never need to apologize to me for these things - there's absolutely nothing to forgive - first because I do actually have a sense of humour and secondly, because I'm the queen of "faux pas" (i've accepted this about myself - btw).:)

But thank you for your concern - it offered me my first laugh of the day!

I did note, I cannot tell a lie, but I just thought it was funny - honestly.

And yes, they were two friends sharing sodas - :beer2::friends:
===============
...LOL....still laughing about it now....

Last edited:

amastie

:)
I think a person with not such a big heart would be so quick to forgive me :(
Thank you ever and ever..
:friends:
amastite

Congrats on the abstinence from alcohol Jazzey! Way to go!!! The cigs will follow when u r ready :)

And thanks to you and to amastie for your encouragement. I'm definitely still struggling with food. And I hate it. Sometimes I feel in control and other times I feel completely out of control. It's a constant battle and it's on my mind 24/7. My biggest struggle is the paradox between what I WANT to do and what I AM doing. I want to eat healthy and be healthy. Eat in a way that nourishes me. But instead I am eating in a way that makes me gain weight and hurting me. Grrrrrr...it sux.

Then I try to counter my eating by going on a ridiculously strict diet but can only manage that for so long. Some of the info I'm reading says I shouldn't abstain from any particular foods because that sets up a pattern for binging. And then others suggest abstaining is exactly what I should do.

Then I get more confused and so I sit down and try to think it all over with a glass of water and a chocolate bar, lol!!!

Oh well...I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.