More threads by ejh7070

ejh7070

well I been thinking with all the matters that give me depression I am going to talk to a psychologist or someone in that field. I am going to ask them to put me in the hospital so I can get fixed.

I am going to give it a few days for thought on the topic and see what the person I am in contact with will do for me.

Thank you for reading.

Retired

Edward,

You are making a good choice, so that you can be evaluated by a competent mental health professional who can properly diagnose you and offer treatment options that can allow you to take back control of your life.

Recalling your situation from your previous post, what resource in your area do you plan to use to be seen by someone?

Do keep us posted on your progress.

ejh7070

well right now I am in contact with someone who is psychologist I believe. Or counselor I will have an answer of what will be going on by wed and if I do go in I will probably go in around Friday or sat not sure though on that must think if over.

That's unfortunate, :(.
Have you been to your GP? can he refer you to anyone\anywhere else? and there is always the E.R. if you feel you are reaching desperation point, it might be possible to see someone there from their psychiatric dept. Do you think that this might be an option you could explore maybe?

ejh7070

That's unfortunate, :(.
Have you been to your GP? can he refer you to anyone\anywhere else? and there is always the E.R. if you feel you are reaching desperation point, it might be possible to see someone there from their psychiatric dept. Do you think that this might be an option you could explore maybe?

@Always Changing I am not sure what you mean with "GP" I have thought of going to the E.R. And thought uf being hospitlized
I am close to boiling point though.

Banned

Banned
There have been some interesting case studies on people who have been hospitalized with mental health issues. The responses of course vary as everyone is unique and each person's hospitalizations were slightly different. I used to long to be hospitalized too, so I can understand where you're coming from. The thought of "escaping" from everyone and everything can be really alluring. Somehow we think all of our problems will just go away. The reality is, if you are hospitalized you are most likely to have to face your demons at that point. It's not a bad thing but the goal is to get you functioning in the world and standing on your own two feet, so it's not a long term solution. When you come back to the "real world", your problems will still be here, but you may have some new insights or tools to deal with them.

I used to think that a "good" life would be one free of problems or pain or depression or anything else. I'm slowly learning that a "good life" is one where those things will probably still occur, but now I have the tools to deal with them and not let them take over. It can be easy to idealize the perfect life when we're down so I would encourage you to be careful with that. It can be really easy, and really tempting to think "if only I had more money, a better job, a bigger house, lived in a different city, had more friends, my life would be so much better". While most, if not all of those things are certainly attainable, or controllable, we can spend our whole lives chasing what we think will make us happier, and along the way miss out on happiness itself because it's not those things that will ultimately relieve our depression or problems, but rather life skills and coping methods we can develop in the here and now regardless of the external variables.

That's kind of a long blurb, but the point is basically don't become so fixated on wanting to be in the hospital that you stop working for yourself now. Focus on now, today, and ask yourself what you can do, however small, to make a difference, or a change in your situation this minute. It might be taking time to smile. Making a phone call. Taking a walk. Eating an apple. The little things all add up - it's not always the big things (like hospitalization).

Sorry if this is confusing - hopefully it makes sense to someone besides me :rolleyes:.

ejh7070

There have been some interesting case studies on people who have been hospitalized with mental health issues. The responses of course vary as everyone is unique and each person's hospitalizations were slightly different. I used to long to be hospitalized too, so I can understand where you're coming from. The thought of "escaping" from everyone and everything can be really alluring. Somehow we think all of our problems will just go away. The reality is, if you are hospitalized you are most likely to have to face your demons at that point. It's not a bad thing but the goal is to get you functioning in the world and standing on your own two feet, so it's not a long term solution. When you come back to the "real world", your problems will still be here, but you may have some new insights or tools to deal with them.

I used to think that a "good" life would be one free of problems or pain or depression or anything else. I'm slowly learning that a "good life" is one where those things will probably still occur, but now I have the tools to deal with them and not let them take over. It can be easy to idealize the perfect life when we're down so I would encourage you to be careful with that. It can be really easy, and really tempting to think "if only I had more money, a better job, a bigger house, lived in a different city, had more friends, my life would be so much better". While most, if not all of those things are certainly attainable, or controllable, we can spend our whole lives chasing what we think will make us happier, and along the way miss out on happiness itself because it's not those things that will ultimately relieve our depression or problems, but rather life skills and coping methods we can develop in the here and now regardless of the external variables.

That's kind of a long blurb, but the point is basically don't become so fixated on wanting to be in the hospital that you stop working for yourself now. Focus on now, today, and ask yourself what you can do, however small, to make a difference, or a change in your situation this minute. It might be taking time to smile. Making a phone call. Taking a walk. Eating an apple. The little things all add up - it's not always the big things (like hospitalization).

Sorry if this is confusing - hopefully it makes sense to someone besides me :rolleyes:.

Thank you again Turtle. Though it is not confusing, I do understand what your talking about but I do believe I can get better help if in hospital.
For me though it is about the money but not all about the money it has to do about alot of other things having issues with my body not being able to afford things as simple as going to dentist or eye doc to get my eyes fix my problem with my bowels.

there is so much on my shoulders.

Banned

Banned
I hear you. When we're not up to par physically, it affects us mentally. When we're not up to par mentally, it affects us physically. And the reality is that doctors and dentists cost money. I hope you can find some affordable health care to get you on the path to healing.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
it has to do about alot of other things having issues with my body

That may actually have more to do with your isolation than anything else, e.g. people can become unduly obsessive about IBS-like symptoms. (From a CBT perspective, these people are awfulizing, and those negative, anxious beliefs lead to avoidance.) Did you have those symptoms to the same degree when you were working outside of the home?

Banned

Banned
To speak further to Daniel's post above, I used to have pretty severe IBS symptoms. They were related to stress. Stress leads to isolation, and vice-versa. I'm kind of obsessed about isolation in depressed people, because it is so debillitating, and one of the worst things we can do.

When my stress is down, my IBS is non-existant. If my stress peaks severely, I have to be very careful. So yes - Daniel is bang on the money.

ejh7070

Yes Daniel I do have issue's with IBS or bowel issues even when I was at work. And for Turtle I live with my mom and stepdad and to get to town it takes about 15 min to get there and I have walked it and it took me 3 hours to do the same.

So isolated I am since not able to get where I need to get to.

ejh7070

No bus and one vehicle at this time the other needs fixing and stepdad uses his leaves in the morning before I wake up.

Banned

Banned
Do you have a friend you could call? Can you carpool with someone? Some communities have volunteers who will bring isolated people in to town once a week or something...

ejh7070

I have a friend here but if I go with him I would be up at 5am and wont get back until after 7pm so not possible at this time.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.