More threads by braveheart

braveheart

Its nearly 9pm here. And once again I am scared.

My flatmates are away in India for another month.

There is noone in the flat upstairs, and the family downstairs are away just now.

So I am alone in the house.

I can, thankfully, lock my room door, and always do so, even with my flatmates here. [the people in the flat upstairs,when there is someone there, have to walk through our flat]. If there is a door I can lock, I always lock it.

Also, I've been having nightmares again the past week or so.

I take remeron at night, and that helps a bit.
And of course I am working hard in therapy, and all the time. I am doing all I can to reassure and comfort the child parts/feeling states.
When I was a child, I had nightime anxiety and nightmares and was often scared at night. A few times I 'saw' things in the dark of my room. It may have been sinusitis medication induced [I was on piriton and phenergan syrups, and otrivine nasal drops, for years...] But also could equally been suppressed anxiety induced.

I'm scared.

Re: scared as bedtime approaches

I'm sorry you're feeling scared.

I have bedtime issues too and it makes sleeping or thinking about sleeping just miserable.

I have a nice warm comforter that I like to wrap up in and tell myself I'm safe over and over. Sometimes it helps. Sometimes a warm drink helps, like hot chocolate or tea.

I hope you sleep ok.

Thinking of you braveheart, wish I was in the flat below you or above you so you didnt feel so scared and alone:hug:

Halo

Braveheart,

I hope by now that you are having a peaceful, safe and sound sleep and that no nightmares happen for you tonight. I just wanted to send some hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: to you for safety and so you won't feel alone.

Take care
:hug:

braveheart

Thank you for all your kind and supportive thoughts.

I managed to have an internal dialogue/fantasy which helped a bit. No nightmares last night, at least that I remember, anyway...

BH,

I am so glad that you were able to get some peaceful sleep! Makes a huge difference on the next day, for sure.

Take care :hug:

TG

Halo

Braveheart,

I am happy to hear that you had no nightmares last night and that you got some much needed rest :)

Take care
:hug: :hug:

sunset

I am glad to hear you had no nightmares too! How are things going for you now. How are you doing today?

braveheart

Thanks!

I'm home now, and its dark.

I think its my own feelings and memories that scare me...

I guess I just keep the internal dialogue and reassurance going...

ThatLady

It's great to hear that you were able to sleep without the nightmares last night, braveheart. Perhaps, you've hit on something that will help you! Keep up that internal dialogue/fantasy. Whatever works is what you need to do!

I hope you rest well again tonight, and please keep us posted. :hug:

braveheart

.. internal dialogue... with my other 'parts'/feeling states... my angry protesting protective child, depressed voiceless teenager, and the part I call 'Invisible Girl'. [I will maybe explain her another time, its all still very raw right now..]imagining my talking with them, doing what they need - in my imagination - what they need to feel safer - holding, to cry, to dance, to talk about what's distressing them. Does that make sense?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.