More threads by RedSiren

RedSiren

I've been in this relationship for 5 yrs on and off with a guy who is pretty good. i've been at a cross road for a while now whether i want to be in this relationship or not. I've been suffering from anxiety and depression before the xmas holidays and i'm not sure what i should do because i feel anxiety if i do and if i daon't and i can't get in to see my dr. for any help at the moment and i'm off work and no moneys coming in. What the heck do i do where do i start. plz give me some advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Perhaps a good place to start would be to give us some information about what is going on in the relationship that is causing you concern or causing you to question what you want.

Brenda

I was in a relationship with a wonderful guy for six years. We broke up in August of 2004. Right now we see each other and he is my support system. I want a commitment because I am not getting any younger and I really don't want to look for another man. I also am codependent and have a hard time being alone. He wants to take it day to day. A few days ago I went on a rampage about him not going with me to Rochester to take my son to the Mayo Clinic. My car is old and he could have driven. I am furnishing everything. A couple of weekends ago, he went to Minnesota with his lawnmowing buddies. I asked him why he could with them and not me. He said my son does not respect him. My son doesn't care either way if I am with him. It's not like he hates him. He has a tough time handling my highs and lows. So did every other guy I was with. I don't know what to do. I am living with my two teenage children right now. I hadn't worked in three months. I just started working part-time. The money is tight and it isn't easy keeping a smile on my face when I have to worry about everything.

I think I could make it on my own. There are a lot of single women out there who don't have a man in their lives. I don't want to start dating again. I will just be disappointed again. I can't lie to a guy and tell him I will be on a normal level for five or ten years. I don't know when I will crash again. A lot of my lows come from either losing a job, losing a friend, or losing a boyfriend.

I love him so much. When I am doing well, we get along great. I don't want to give up on him, but I know he has other prospects. He said he wants a normal woman in his life. I am not sure what I am considered. I guess I will take one day a time, that is all I can do.

RedSiren said:
I've been in this relationship for 5 yrs on and off with a guy who is pretty good. i've been at a cross road for a while now whether i want to be in this relationship or not. I've been suffering from anxiety and depression before the xmas holidays and i'm not sure what i should do because i feel anxiety if i do and if i daon't and i can't get in to see my dr. for any help at the moment and i'm off work and no moneys coming in. What the heck do i do where do i start. plz give me some advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I think a good start would to decide wether or not you want to start a relationship? Are you ready for a relationship mentall and physicaly, Is he willing to help you go through your depression? Second of all I probably would go out and look for a job no matter what it would be, I 've had allot of crap jobs and Im not that old, take some time out for your self to think about what it is that you want do with your self.. Do you have a thing called health and wellfare ware you live im sure they would be able to help you out.. Check it out and let us know. Please take care of your self and good luck on your decions...

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.