Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Re: Quotable Quotes 4

"Conflict cannot survive without your participation."
—Wayne Dyer

"I learned a long time ago that worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere."
Van Wilder

HBas

It is the service we are not obliged to give that people value most.
~James C. Penney

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible." ~ Bertrand Russell

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Ring the bells that still can ring,
Forget your perfect offering,
There is a crack, a crack in everything,
That's how the light gets in.

—Leonard Cohen, "Anthem"

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

“Things usually work out in the end.”
“What if they don’t?”
“That just means you haven’t come to the end yet.”

— Jeannette Walls, The Glass Castle

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

“Such is beauty ever -- neither here nor there, now nor then, neither in Rome nor in Athens, but wherever there is a soul to admire. If I seek her elsewhere because I do not find her at home, my search will prove a fruitless one." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"In youth we feel richer for every new illusion; in maturer years, for every one we lose."

"How easy to be amiable in the midst of happiness and success."

Sophie Swetchine

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair." ~ George Burns

HBas

The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this:
Decide what you want.
~ Ben Stein

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
Wayne Dyer

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

"Too bad the only people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and cutting hair." ~ George Burns

:rofl:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." ~ Marilyn Monroe

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week." ~ George Bernard Shaw

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"A committee can make a decision that is dumber than any of its members." ~ David Coblitz

"A committee is a cul-de-sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly strangled." ~ Sir Barnett Cocks

Andy

MVP

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." Dr.Seuss

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

"We do not grow absolutely, chronologically.
We grow sometimes in one dimension, and not in another; unevenly.
We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm, childish in another.
The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present.
We are made up of layers, cells, constellations."

~ Anaïs Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.