More threads by Daniel E.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Person-Centered Therapy relies on the therapist using genuineness, empathy, and unconditional positive regard to promote a client's natural tendency to heal themselves. Often we are so bombarded with stress, criticism (both internal and external), and fear that it is difficult to provide ourselves with time and space needed to heal. Client centered therapy helps carve out a time and space with someone who believes in you and supports your efforts towards personal growth and healing.

Colleen Donaldson, LPC

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"I can't make corn grow, but I can provide the right soil and plant it in the right area and see that it gets enough water; I can nurture it so that exciting things happen. I think that's the nature of therapy."

~ Carl Rogers

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"What I am and what I feel are good enough to be a basis for therapy, if I can transparently be what I am and what I feel in relationship to him. Then perhaps he can be what he is, openly and without fear.”

~ Carl Rogers

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Psychoeducation is vastly essential when practicing strengths-oriented therapy. By informing those we help, after all, we empower them to take a more active and engaged role in their wellbeing."

~ Seph Pennock

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
"Strength-based therapy is a type of positive psychotherapy and counseling that focuses more on your internal strengths and resourcefulness, and less on weaknesses, failures, and shortcomings. This focus sets up a positive mindset that helps you build on you best qualities, find your strengths, improve resilience and change worldview to one that is more positive. A positive attitude, in turn, can help your expectations of yourself and others become more reasonable."

~ PsychologyToday.com

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
When Therapy Stands Still: A Reflection

"We might redefine the therapy as intermittent rather than ongoing, take the approach that less is more — the less pressure the client feels from us, the more he or she may feel in control of the relationship. As we well know, many clients who suffer early character disturbance are so frightened of being engulfed or abandoned that they are unable to make a consistent commitment to therapy, even after many years."

~ Karen R. Koenig, LICSW, M.Ed.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Through the change of therapy people often look back and see some of their old ways of being as problematic in a practical sense, even though they were not necessarily experienced as emotionally problematic at the time."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"The key with any therapy relationship is finding a good, caring professional who fits both your expectations and needs."

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Most mental health professional training programs dedicate little time and effort to the teaching and learning of supportive therapy, and many mental health professionals are unable to clearly and concisely articulate the nature or process of supportive work."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"Treatment and care should reflect the risks and benefits, inequalities, and attachments that people have rather than solely or primarily address individual functioning. Consequently, this approach can accommodate a wider and more nuanced evaluation of need. This would mean reimagining evaluations of illness and disorder that attach symptoms to flawed or irregular individuals, instead conceiving of disorder as a normative (and sensible) response to social dysfunction."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

My voice is still prone to softness, to quaver on occasion, but I use these qualities to my advantage now. I am not there to preach, to dominate, or to cower or implore. I am there to support, to guide, to help seek balance. My voice leads the way.

~ Jean Kim, M.D.

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

"I love what I do. I am able to use my training ... in a way that makes a difference to society."

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Current workforce estimates show over 30,000 peer supporters working around the US. With a growing research base for peers and the growing demand for behavioral health services generally, peer support is expanding both in numbers and in the settings in which peers serve people. Peers can be seen in inpatient psychiatric units, emergency departments, peer-run organizations, telehealth, outpatient services, and more.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.