More threads by Retired

Peanut

Cool. I am not a big fan of faces in tattoos. I think it can be harder to make them look good and sometimes they come out looking really creepy. Animals faces, on the other hand, can look pretty good. The dragon I have has a small face but even it looks a little strange to me. I still like it, but it's not my favorite part.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Dances Without Toes said:
I am not a big fan of faces in tattoos. I think it can be harder to make them look good and sometimes they come out looking really creepy.

I would have phrased that diffeerntly.

I would have said:

"I am not a big fan of tattoos on faces. I think it can be harder to make them look good and sometimes they come out looking really creepy. "

Toeless said:
Cool. I am not a big fan of faces in tattoos. I think it can be harder to make them look good and sometimes they come out looking really creepy. Animals faces, on the other hand, can look pretty good. The dragon I have has a small face but even it looks a little strange to me. I still like it, but it's not my favorite part.

I've got a dragon too!

foghlaim

TLC: i like the top one also.. it's really clear and nice.

David: have u heard about the thread.. spell check?? lol (hint, it's on the home page)
Toeless: You got him!! well done. heh heh

Phoenix: your tattoo is brilliant.. nice one.

old dragon name from a cartoon movie that i used to love, "flight of dragons"
I still love it actually!! :p

its green, but it started off as one of those stone looki ng tats, and then i got colour added, so its... original, lol

Peanut

Have you ever heard of getting the tattoo done over again to freshen it up and fix any breaks in the lines or anything? I have always remembered being told that you should have tattoos done twice in order for them to look their best. Of course, I have never been able to put myself through more pain for the same tattoo...but I was wondering if you had heard of that? Or also getting it redone if you wanted the colors changed...? I wonder how well that would work.

My dragon was almost orange but at the last minute I changed to blue.

pip

I have one tattoo, it's an in memoriam, about the size of a nickel, and in a place hidden by a bikini (my hip).

It consists of my brother's initials (B.G.). Very simple, no fancy lettering, just a neatly printed B and G.

I got it when he died. Maybe not the best way to remember someone, but I made sure I got it someplace well hidden, and kept it small. I did research into it, and I watched the guy open up sterile packages and change his gloves three or four times. I went to someone rather well respected for being the best tattoo artist in Toronto.

I used to have some piercings, but again, I did my research, and I kept in mind that they would NOT be permanent. I fully intended on taking them out when it came time to smarten up and get a job. I think I was seventeen when they all came out. I don't think I even have my ears pierced anymore.

I'm not the kind of person who would ever be found covered in tattoos from head to toe. I'm pretty conservative, and while I can see tattoos on other people and think they are beautiful, they don't appeal to me or my own sense of taste. One or two simple and small pieces here and there are nice, but quite honestly, a lot of the time I'll see people covered in tattoos, and not a single one of them is even that good. They'll be horribly drawn or coloured, and badly placed.

Toeless said:
Have you ever heard of getting the tattoo done over again to freshen it up and fix any breaks in the lines or anything? I have always remembered being told that you should have tattoos done twice in order for them to look their best. Of course, I have never been able to put myself through more pain for the same tattoo...but I was wondering if you had heard of that? Or also getting it redone if you wanted the colors changed...? I wonder how well that would work.

My dragon was almost orange but at the last minute I changed to blue.

yup
touchups
I don't think you *need* to get it done twice, it depends on the artist, and the maintanence, if you pick the scabs off, your gonna have bald spots, etc etc. the thiness of the line will also dictate smudges, etc etc... blah blah... nothing you havent heard Im sure.

HA

Do the colours change over time such as from black to blue? How long does it take for them to fade?

Make sure the tattoo guy uses new, unused ink for each person too! :eww:
Maybe bring your own stuff to be sure they are sterile and ask for a discount.

Peanut

Do the colours change over time such as from black to blue?
I think a lot of times they do. That's when touch ups can come in handy. They can brighten up the colour.

How long does it take for them to fade?
It varies but I think sun exposure can substantially accelerate fading

Actually, you know I've mostly only seen older men with tattoos, you don't see a lot of elderly women with them really...or at least I haven't.

I think it's more painful
I would agree with that :yikes:

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.