More threads by Daniel E.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Re: Anti-Canadian Content (Laughing With Us, Not At Us) Pt. 3

Don't they have ketchup chips in the States? They're a little messy but not bad...

I guess not...

From Great Canadian Foods: Ketchup Chips Canada

But in America? You can't GIVE these things away.

A number of leading US chip manufacturers have tried to offer this delicious ketchup treat, and every time they fall flat on their face. A few smaller US snack companies produce them, but the average American consumer is going to have to special order/go on a manhunt if they ever want to taste it's deliciousness without travelling across the border.

Do you have any thoughts on this mystery? Why do Americans have no interest in our most-beloved potato chip flavour? And when was the last time you bit into a tasty ketchup chip?

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

So no poutine, no ketchup chips, and weak beer. How do you guys survive? :panic:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

If it wasn't for our new food products like Pretzel M&M's and Double Down sandwiches, I don't think we could have made it to December :coffee:

I live in the middle of NOWHERE and there are two different brands of ketchup chips in our local grocery store. One is their own brand. LOL.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

So there is hope for the US after all. :D

Now, if we can just get poutine south of the border... next step, Moosehead beer... then mukluks and tuques and then they'll be just like Canadians: Nirvana! :D

Andy

MVP

lol Don't forget the dialect coaches to teach them all the proper way to say "about" ;)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

Don't worry. One step at a time. I hadn't forgotten aboot teaching them how to speak English. :D

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

Who knew adding ketchup to chips could be so unpatriotic for us Americans.

tasha

:D Thanks David, those are great!! We're a proud, yet not not boastful nation of hosers. :lol:

Retired

Now, if we can just get poutine south of the border... next step, Moosehead beer

Moosehead is available as is Molson Canadian in Wal-Mart. The other day at Sam's Club, they were sampling maple syrup from Granby, Quebec and tomatoes in Florida routinely come from hydroponic growers in Canada.

I won't even mention the Quebec presence of Speedos in Lauderdale and Hollywood FL

TD Bamks are everywhere from New York all the way down the Eastern Seabord to Florida, as is RBC (Royal Bank) and Bank of Montreal owns Harris Bank in Chicago.

We are slowly, but surely taking over...

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

TD Bamks are everywhere from New York all the way down the Eastern Seabord to Florida, as is RBC (Royal Bank) and Bank of Montreal owns Harris Bank in Chicago.
And TD (Toronto-Dominion) Bank bought my credit union. Fortunately, I was already in the process of switching banks :D

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.