Chorus:
Well it's Bud the Spud, from the bright red mud,
Rollin' down the highway smilin',
The spuds are big on the back of Bud's rig,
There from Prince Edward Island,
There from Prince Edward Island.

Now from Charlottetown, or from Summerside,
They load him up for the long long ride;
He jumps in the cab and he's off with the Pride Sebagoes.
He's gotta catch a boat to make Tormentine,
Then he hits up that old New Brunswick line,
Through Montreal he comes just a flyin'
With another big load of potatoes.

Chorus

Well, the cops have been lookin' for the son of a gun
That's been rippin' the tar off the four-O-one;
They know the name on the truck shines up in the sun --
"Green Gables."
But he hits Toronto and at seven o'clock,
He backs her up again at the terminal dock,
And the boys gather `round just to hear him talk
About another big load of potatoes.

ladylore

Account Closed
This isn't about poutine.

Bob and Doug Mackenzie are coming back on TV in cartoon version. Show airs Sunday.

Mari

MVP
This isn't about poutine.
Bob and Doug Mackenzie are coming back on TV in cartoon version.
:confused:

My post was not about poutine either, I just wanted to let any Anti-Canadian-Americans who might be thinking about crossing the border that I am stock-piling ammunition. :angel: Mari

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

As a graduate student years ago now, I loaned my camping equipment to a friend and his girlfriend. On their trip, a bear actually did enter their tent.

Now, as it happened, the girlfriend had packed an aerosol can of a feminine product called FDS (Feminine Deodorant Spray) that I believe has long since been discontinued.

They escaped out the back of the tent. The bear shuffled and snuffled its way through their belongings and then shot back out the front running at high speed.

Surveying the mess left behind, they discovered that the bear had bitten into that aerosol can, which of course kind of exploded in its mouth.

At least it would have had nice perfumey breath for a few days. :eek:

Jazzey

Account Closed
:D - I camped through Alberta back in the early 90s - I got to make friends with a mama bear hands on...Once she got all of my food, she was outta there - and I was grateful :). And I'll add that I did want to cuddle with her cubs- but was smart enough not to try that little trick.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Another bear story. This one happened to me as a boy living in northern British Columbia.

I was perhaps 7 or 8, walking home from Wolf Cubs one evening. Not far from my home, I spotted a bear walking down the middle of the road toward me.

I turned and ran as fast as I could in the oppoite direction. When I finally got the nerve to look back over my shoulder, I saw the bear running, also very fast, away from me in the opposite direction.

I'be always thought that must have been a hilarious sight to anyone watching.

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I remember when I was really little camping in Banff and they warned my parents when we went in, that there were bears about and to keep a close eye on us kids.

One lady was cooking bacon and went into her tent to get something. She came back out to see a bear eating her bacon. So she hid in the tent until he left.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Old-School Marketing No Longer Working? Blame Canada
by James Chartrand, CopyBlogger
July 1, 2009

Canadians are a funny lot.

They use strange words and spell with a U. They kiss cod. They enjoy being frozen solid nearly 8 months a year, and they call their money Loonies and Toonies.

Don?t get me wrong; they?re nice people just the same. They?re nature lovers and humanitarians and they like things simple and friendly.

And contrary to popular belief, they?re actually pretty smart.

But there?s just one problem. Your marketing strategies? You notice how they?ve been changing? That the old-school methods aren?t working anymore . . . at all?

Well, I?ve figured out whose fault it is.

...more

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

To put this in context. my first visit to New York City, years ago, was to present a paper at a conference. Since my daughter was very young, we decided to try traveling by train, a compartment. This was in July.

1. The Amtrak train stopped dead and remained in one place for several hours. Everything stopped, including the air conditioning. The windows couldn't be opened.
  2. We had a confirmed (by credit card) hotel reservation. With the train delay, we arrived at the hotel at 6 am ratherthan the expected 11 pm to midnight. The hotel had given our room away.
  3. There was a city-wide garbage strike. In the heat of the day, the stench was dusgusting. Walking around the streets, all one could see were giant stacks of garbage everywhere.
  4. One of my friends, a marathoner, went out for a run and got mugged.
Welcome to New York City! :panic:

justhere

LOL, I first heard of bagged milk from a Canadian friend of mine! Seems to me that Canada is more forward-thinking and ready to go green than the States! :2thumbs:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Actually, bagged milk isn't more green. The bags are plastic, a petroleum product that is slow to break down in landfills, as opposed to paper and wax (cartons) or glass. But I think there is less loss due to breakage with the plastic bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.