daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
David Baxter said:

all around the country coast to coast,
people always say what do you like most,
I don't wanna brag i don't wanna boast,
I always tell 'em I like toast.

:funny:

Love the pix!!! LOL Since I'm Canadian I'm going to laugh instead of fight. And we have milk in cartons, jugs, AND bags. Your choice. :dimples: You see, I've always thought that Canada and America were brothers in arms... one apologizing to everyone else for the others mistakes, but still brothers, nonetheless. And family is like fudge, mostly sweet, with a few nuts (like me lol) Happy New Year!! May it be happy, prosperous, and humorous!

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator

arboria

After skimming through all 20 (!) pages of posts, I didn't see the following link. Forgive me if I've overlooked it.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~husky66/Milk/

(Sorry, I don't have enough posts to include the link.)

I wrote this on my blog in May of 2006 after having moved from the States to Canada:

Last October I moved from Virginia, USA to Ottawa in Canada. Our cultures are very similar. In fact, to the glimpsing eye, they would seem identical.

Upon further examination, there are subtle differences which can add up at times. Some are more pervasive than others, but so far, it hasn't been too difficult to adjust. Except for one thing.

You might think it's a pain to try to convert Fahrenheit temps to Celcius after 28 years of using Fahrenheit.

Kilos : pounds ----- 1:2.2

Maybe it's difficult to remember that an MP in Canada is not Military Police, it's Member of Parliament.

No more Congress, now it's Parliament. House of Commons and Senate.

No fixed election years/dates. They call them whenever they want! And only have** I think it's about 3 months to campaign. This part is nice because one need not suffer through the years-long custody battles that are US elections.

Maybe you have difficulty with the notion that you thought that all these years you understood the meaning of the term "wind chill." You didn't. Some days, in late January, you can get frostbite just by looking out the window.

Don't have to pay a cent for a broken arm, eh?

Nope, these things have required minimal adjustment on my part. The one thing I can't get my head around is the way Canadians package their milk. There are cardboard cartons for two liter containers. No problem. No gallons here. Not only the measurement- they have 4 liter containers, not gallons, although they are close.

The problem is that, here in Canada, the plastic gallon jug is the exception in the realm of dairy farming. They use plastic bags. Yes, BAGS, to contain their milk. Please refer to the following website for further information...

Last edited by a moderator:

NicNak

Resident Canuck
Administrator
I wrote this down off a T-Shirt I saw in Canadian Tire. :teehee:

I do not travel by dogsled.
A loonie is a dollar, not a realitive.
I live in the second largest Country in the world.
Winter only lasts one season.

I live in a house, not an igloo.
I don't know your second cousin John in Saskatoon.
Our currency was not based on Monopoly money.
Our Parliment buildings are not made of ice.

The maple leaf is our National symbol.
We are the best hockey players in the world.

I AM CANADIAN

Status
Not open for further replies.