More threads by Thelostchild

My husband has two kids, I knew this when I first met him and when I married him. He has them part time. every other weekend and every other holiday. I have tryed to be a part of there life getting involved not as a mother but as a friend some one they could go to for anything. O yeah he has one boy 6 and a girl 4. But the boy is so hard for me to get along with he acts like he has ADD. He's violent to his sister constantly picking on her and he has always told me that he hates me, I've tryied to use reverse psychology on him like " well I love you" why do you hate me?. His mom lives with her step mom and step dad and her step sister with all her 4 kids in one tiny house and she has a brother that is violent him self. Plus she smokes. Now the boy is afraid of everything like riding his bike and riding horses and pretty much everything else. Is she making them live sheltered life. She also let them get away with every they want, she lets them run arounds stores. I hate that. But when they come to our house they act up and think they can get away with it at our house. we have rules and they are very simple, simple enough that the 4 year old and 6 year old can understand? When we make dinner, which I gave up doing, the3y hardely eat it. Im starting to think that there mother feeds them crap? I don't know what to do. I've resently gave up being in there life because I don't know what to do. And I get upset and frustrated and get anxiety really bad from all there screeming and cry that is if they don't get there way or they are beating eachother up. I have last summer had to refrane both kids from touching any of the animals because of them being so mean to them. The girl put a chain around one kittens neck and the boy put another kitten in a water troff. I don't know what to do. Im at a loss as what to do. Im starting to think that I wasn't meant to have kids just due to me not liking noise and me getting anxiety and feeling helpless.. Any advice any one I could sure use it.thanks

Steph

Hi TLC,

At 4 and 6 years old that is pretty tough years and they have had to handle their Dad living away and having a step mom.

They do not act very nice towards you sometimes and at other times I would guess that they are not even nice to themselves. They do this because they are acting out their feelings physically because they really don't know how to communicate their feelings verbally.

IMO they don't hate you, they just don't like their life. They get shuffled around so much that it is hard to call anyplace home.

These children need a loving and supportive person in their lives. They might act up at times but the relationship and stability you will give these children will make the world a better place.

Give these children love now and you will always have a special place in their heart.

TLC, love these children, they are worth it. Steph

i aggree
at those ages they are trying to work through their emotions, and it really isn't easy going from one set of rules to another.
Do you and your husband get on with the other family?

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.