More threads by Ashley-Kate

Well i am still in therapie and i have been sort of getting scared of something .. lately i have been not really gainning weight ... and well that is the hole goal in a way of this treatment to make me feel okay at a normal weight and well i am scared because i don<t want to lose anymore because it makes me want to go bak to my anorexi but i can<t do that .. i don't know what to do i should talk to my psychologist about it .. but i don<t know how .. i don<t want to lose but at the same time i don<t want to gain .. the desire to lose i alwaysthere but now i know that i can<t for my healt i don<t know what to do.... the more the therapie goes the more harder it is to keep that mentality..
please .. anybody any tips..
yours trully ashley-kate
ps I am proud of myself though because fo the first time n my life i am afraid to lose weight..

Well i am still in therapie and i have been sort of getting scared of something .. lately i have been not really gainning weight ... and well that is the hole goal in a way of this treatment to make me feel okay at a normal weight and well i am scared because i don<t want to lose anymore because it makes me want to go bak to my anorexi but i can<t do that .. i don't know what to do i should talk to my psychologist about it .. but i don<t know how .. i don<t want to lose but at the same time i don<t want to gain .. the desire to lose i alwaysthere but now i know that i can<t for my healt i don<t know what to do.... the more the therapie goes the more harder it is to keep that mentality..
please .. anybody any tips..
yours trully ashley-kate
ps I am proud of myself though because fo the first time n my life i am afraid to lose weight..

Heather

Well done for the being scared about the loosing weight.

I wish that I had advice for you but I don't, but I am thinking of you and batting for you.

Heather...

Heather

Well done for the being scared about the loosing weight.

I wish that I had advice for you but I don't, but I am thinking of you and batting for you.

Heather...

Eunoia

hey ashley! hang in there. it's a tough battle with many ups and downs, but you're making progress- as you said for the 1st time you are afraid to lose weight. that is a major step!!! it makes sense how you're ambivalent about your feelings about losing weight vs. gaining weight. and you're right, getting you to a healthy weight is part of treatment but so much more comes w/ that. and you'll learn, as treatment goes on, how to deal w/ the part of you and the thoughts that are so afraid of gaining weight. remeber though, if this helps at all, they're just talking about a regular weight for your height/body shape... that doesn't mean fat! it's for your own health and happiness. and you're working so hard for that. do confide in your therapist, that's why they're there!!! I think therapy gets harder b/c you're "that much further" away from you ed but also so much closer to that scary "normal".... but that's almost a sign of progress in the right direction, right??? stay strong.

Eunoia

hey ashley! hang in there. it's a tough battle with many ups and downs, but you're making progress- as you said for the 1st time you are afraid to lose weight. that is a major step!!! it makes sense how you're ambivalent about your feelings about losing weight vs. gaining weight. and you're right, getting you to a healthy weight is part of treatment but so much more comes w/ that. and you'll learn, as treatment goes on, how to deal w/ the part of you and the thoughts that are so afraid of gaining weight. remeber though, if this helps at all, they're just talking about a regular weight for your height/body shape... that doesn't mean fat! it's for your own health and happiness. and you're working so hard for that. do confide in your therapist, that's why they're there!!! I think therapy gets harder b/c you're "that much further" away from you ed but also so much closer to that scary "normal".... but that's almost a sign of progress in the right direction, right??? stay strong.

Diana

Of course your mind is flip flopping. You're working on changing your mind set, and that's really hard to do. But, it's changing somewhat. That's excellent! It's normal to be really afraid of gaining weight uncontrolably, but that never happens. In fact, I had to go through a period when I ate a lot of fat just to push myself over a hump that I was stuck at with my weight gain. And, guess what. It helped, but that's all it did. I didn't balloon up - not even close. When you've starved yourself for long enough, your body just puts all the calories where it needs them. I'm not saying you'll have to jump into a high fat diet forever, or ever, but I'm just saying that you don't have to be afraid. We're all pulling for you, and you're doing great. The way you're feeling is just part of the process of getting better. You're questioning yourself and your feelings. It's all part of the recovery.

Diana

Of course your mind is flip flopping. You're working on changing your mind set, and that's really hard to do. But, it's changing somewhat. That's excellent! It's normal to be really afraid of gaining weight uncontrolably, but that never happens. In fact, I had to go through a period when I ate a lot of fat just to push myself over a hump that I was stuck at with my weight gain. And, guess what. It helped, but that's all it did. I didn't balloon up - not even close. When you've starved yourself for long enough, your body just puts all the calories where it needs them. I'm not saying you'll have to jump into a high fat diet forever, or ever, but I'm just saying that you don't have to be afraid. We're all pulling for you, and you're doing great. The way you're feeling is just part of the process of getting better. You're questioning yourself and your feelings. It's all part of the recovery.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.