More threads by Peanut

Peanut

Re: 3 Positive Things

3. Somebody tried to rain on our :heart:positive Psychology:heart: parade and I ignored them! :p

Mari

MVP

Reading over all the positive posts cheered me up a bit. If Arose can write just two then I can stretch my one into four.

1 - I took the evening off to do nothing and avoid thinking and counting.
2 - Nothing was watching DJ play baseball for four hours (double-header).
3 - He pitched the first game for a win and the second ended in a tie.
4 - The umpire had some kind words to say about MP after the game.

:heart: Mari

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder

Okay, now you guys are just running wild. Once you start ignoring rules, the next step is lawlessness and the end of civilization as we know it. :panic:

Peanut

That sounds relaxing Mari! Way to go! It took me awhile to think of THREE since the law is breathing down our necks (what's that about anyway?!;))

So today...

1. I realized the 4th of July is coming up so no work on Wednesday next week!
2. I realized the work summer schedule is shorter than my school break which means more time to study for my big test (that is a BIG happy)
3. I have an overwhelming feeling of peace, like everything is going to be ok

OK you can start counting now...I think that was 3 so we are free to continue, right?;)

Mari

MVP

That sounds good Arose - Sunset made me laugh chasing the receipt.

1 - moved the papers to a bankers box
2 - tried to keep cool
3 - had a nap

It was very very hot today so I was not inspired to do too much. :heart: Mari

bbjjre

3 good things that happened today/last night

1. My husband let me sleep in and got up with our daughter at 5 am, even though he should have been getting ready for work.

2. I watched the Paris Hilton/Larry King interview and actually laughed out loud (which I haven't done in weeks! )

3. Yesterday while taking my daughter to the park I found 20 dollars on the sidewalk.

Halo

Well I haven't yet posted in this thread as I don't have much positives in my life but I am going to at least try and see what happens. It wasn't an overly great day yesterday but I am sure that I can think of at least a few good things and they were:

1. I didn't escape last night although the need was extremely high.
2. I did some free-flow writing about how I was feeling.
3. I explained legal documents to my parents without getting frustrated that they didn't understand and kept asking the same questions over and over.

sunset

Right on sunset, those are really great things! That's super nice of you to get that receipt for that woman--I bet she really appreciated it! It probably made her list of positive things too! Now I'm anxious to see the baby (will be a photo?) and I'm also looking forward to Mari resizing her picture! I think pictures will be a wonderful addition to this thread! Great thinking!!

I think I have two things today...
1. A little boy hugged me when I left his house today
2. Another little boy started saying some words and named like 10 different things!!!!
(these boys are both on the autism spectrum so this is partially why these are big deals for us!)
It was truly a rewarding day in that respect :heart:

Looking forward to seeing your guys' pictures!!

My computer at home is down so I dont know about posting a pic. I am backlogged due to problems connecting to the internet. My great niece is a little beauty!

Peanut

Hey, I'm glad to see you guys are giving it a try. I hope that you guys will try it for a little while and see if you feel any positive effects.

Halo said:
I explained legal documents to my parents without getting frustrated that they didn't understand and kept asking the same questions over and over.
Wow, great! I bet they appreciate your patience and expertise! That is definitely a win-win for everyone!

Sunset-if you do get pics! I would love to see!

bbjre said:
2. I watched the Paris Hilton/Larry King interview and actually laughed out loud (which I haven't done in weeks! )
LOL--I bet that was AWESOME!! I am jealous!!!!!! My teacher held Paris up as a classic example of a narcissistic personality!

So I had an exhausting day where I got bit and kicked and the day went on forever, so I guess that means it's really important to find 3 things in it that were good:
1. I went to Critter day camp and played in the dirt and sand
2. I felt like I bonded more with someone I work with
3. I got through the longest day of the week and lived to talk about it (although I was bit twice by the end of it)
OK, one more...4. I touched a snake skin and a worm:cool:

OK, cool, maybe it wasn't such a bad day:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Halo

Okay well I am going to try this again even though I didn't have a great day but will give it a shot.

1. Worked hard today and now I almost have my new boss caught up.
2. Removed my mask in therapy.
3. Allowed myself to cry as much as needed in therapy.

So my day wasn't great but my therapy went well, although difficult.

Mari

MVP

H! I tried Daniel's advice although I don't drink coffee and the tea made me sleepy.

1 - yoga
2 - took a catnap with my cat
3 - watered the garden

:eek: Arose - please - no food - I am not supposed to eat anything after midnight and I feel possessed/obsessed - if I don't eat then I dream about eating - if the doctor hadn't suggested that I lose a few pounds then I probably wouldn't even think about food. Oh well - more yoga I guess. :heart: Mari

sunset

Im not feeling it much today either but I guess that is the purpose of this..
Here goes..

1. Saw a beautiful rainbow last night after a thunderstorm

2. Got through a difficult evening with some "family" I dont talk to anymore.

3. I may know today if I got the job or not.

braveheart

1. Managed to get a day's leave from work set up for next Tuesday. [I needed to assert myself to get this sorted, as my manager was off work today, so I had to ask my other manager. But he was great about it.] Much needed rest. It'll help me get through the weekend.

2. Managed to get home from the shops on the bus. Buses are hard for me. But as long as I sit in a certain seat where there is plenty of personal space, that's ok. I wasn't up to walking home so it was good I stayed on the bus, even when it got a bit crowded, it wasn't too claustraphobic, and was manageable.

3. I bought a great book on Rage. There is a really good chapter on rage and PTSD and childhood abuse.

Mari

MVP

Braveheart on the buses you did so much better than me. I did not have my car today so I decided to try the bus. I got totally lost and I was unable to ask anyone for help so I ended up basically nowhere and certainly not where I was going.

1 - I decided that it did not matter that I didn't succeed because at least I tried and maybe next time I will actually get where I am going
2 - I phoned a friend who had a car and she was happy enough to rescue me and not think badly of me or tease me about it
3 - We had tea and talked and even laughed a bit over our respective problems so I am just not going to worry about it

So hugs from her to me to you. :heart: Mari

Peanut

I'm glad you guys are writing in here because I have been having a really hard time thinking of anything positive to say but you all have given some really good ideas about the bright side of things, so here it goes:

1. Went out to this open air restaurant where we were surrounded by these amazing tall brick buildings and night sky so it was just beautiful

2. I took care of all my billing for the month

3. I had a fun time dancing to some old favorite songs

Wow, I almost said I can't think of anything else, but then I remembered the spirit of this and dug something else up and it helped, cool!:)

Mari

MVP

H! not much to say on Canada Day

1 - posted
2 - full moon tonight
3 - FM & DJ are home

Peanut

OK I had to come on because I have a big number 1!

1. I stood up for something that I believed in even though it was really hard and unpopular and might cost me but it would have been unethical :dance:

2. Jogged today

3. Changed into a comfortable pair of shorts instead of tight jeans :)

Mari

MVP

Nice Arose - I am thinking very very hard - such a bad weekend.

1 - paid the gas bill
2 - weeded the garden
3 - looked at the stars

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.