More threads by Banned

GaryQ

MVP
3. Holding a cell phone while driving is finally being banned in my area.

WOW! I’ve heard about being late to the party, but this takes it to another level!
What was the reasoning behind that delay? I can’t believe that is hasn’t been passed state wide yet.
:facepalm:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I can't believe it either. Our county has been waiting for years for the state to do something and got tired of waiting.

GaryQ

MVP
1 - Went for my free oil change appointment at Canadian Tire in Steinbach this afternoon. Had a free oil change and routine inspection coupon via my email subscription. COOL! :up:

2 - No issues to report following the inspection (the main reason they offer free deals, is to find something wrong so they can make some money, after all that's what they are in business for) battery, coolant, air filter etc. all ok. Only a burned out brake light. (Easy fix I can take care of myself) SUPER COOL! :up::up:

3 - Surprise! Free! Yes like in TOTALLY FREE despite the coupon stating we were responsible for taxes and eco fees etc. When I expressed my happy surprise to the service desk guy, stating what the coupon says, he replied yes, that's how it should be but we believe that free is way more fun when it's totally free so we don't charge those extras. BEYOND SUPER COOL! :yahoo:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. My husband's chronic back pain is almost completely gone after one of two sessions of radiofrequency ablation.
2. The procedure also lessened his foot pain/neuropathy.
3. Low-calorie birthday-cake-flavored ice cream. (Halo Top brand.)

GaryQ

MVP
1 - Since Rogers bought the rights to the NH broadcasts a couple years ago Montreal Canadiens "local" games are blacked out west of Belleville, Ont. So only way to watch the 60 non nationally broadcast games is to subscribe to the "French Package" for 63$ a season and watch it on the internet. When I moved here I was a tad worried but the Internet speed (7mbps) here in the countryside is just fast enough to stream my Montreal Canadiens games in HQ without any hichups :up:

2 - Montreal came back from being behind 3-1 in the third period against the NY Islanders (top team in their division which includes teams like The 2018 Stanley cup Winning Washington Capitols and the powerhouse Pittsburgh Penguins) to tie it and go to overtime (nerves on edge we got a penalty with 30 seconds to go in regular time - meaning 1:30 seconds or so 4 against 3 in overtime) survived that and went to shoot out :up:

3 - Anti Niemi our backup goalie was in net for both times we went to shootout this year. Once again he stopped every thing coming his way. 5 shooters in. Other goalie (really hot this year! one of if the not the best) stopped all but the 5th shot. Game over we win again! Niemi has stopped 7 of the shots in shootout in 2 wins and most were snipers. :up:

Bonus: 4 - Last year was painful.
It's fun so far this year to watch them play. They're average on talent but man are they loaded on heart and determination which is the only thing that can beat talent.

:woohoo1:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. The good thing about the thousands of political ads: I was highly motivated to vote.
2. Hubby fixed a major plumbing leak.
3. Got an awesome deal on contact lenses (at 1800contacts.com, a very reputable website) due to price matching (matched to EZcontacts.com).

Bonus: Tried the Milo drink, possibly for the first time. Not bad.

Bonus: Tried the Milo drink, possibly for the first time. Not bad.
:up: There's extra Aussie points in it for you if you do a TimTam Slam with the milo drink.
Caution: Proceed with hot beverage at your own risk. I don't recommend doing a TimTam Slam with a hot beverage until you understand the speed at which a TimTam absorbs liquid into the biscuit.
Other notes: The article is outdated with respect to availability of TimTams in America. I've heard secondhand that they are in some stores in certain flavours but not the original flavour.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. Put some savings into a certificate of deposit so it will be much less tempting to spend it.

2. Going to the gym more often.

3. Got Thanksgiving grocery shopping mostly done for Thursday.

GaryQ

MVP
1 - Avoided any Pre Black Friday tempting sales and hit delete on the 100's of emails

2 - Twitched and fidgeted but did not buy a 65" 4K UHD TV on great deal (Thank goodness it didn't have HDR - saved by that fact)

3 - Since proof of certain inappropriate actions such as entering someone's apartment illegally with a master key (long story) when not around etc is hard to deny when caught red handed on video I decided it's simpler to remove any possible doubt of whether or not it is happening and ordered a spy cam kit today. Fun thing is it can be used for me and also for my friend. Can't wait to get it!

GaryQ

MVP
1 - Survived Black Friday... they should call it black November let's remind you 100 times a day... sheesh :facepalm:

2 - Survived Cyber Monday.

3 - Did not spend one penny on any sales and cyber week is just the stuff they haven't sold at the same prices I didn't fall for so no worries.

**** TECHNICALLY SAFE TILL BOXING DAY ****

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. Had a great Thanksgiving Day with my (husband's) family in Phoenix.
2. Found a vegetarian sandwich shop in Phoenix.
3. My 10-week old chickens are doing great.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. Two of my four young chickens seem to be roosters. Which will be new and exciting since I have never had roosters before.
2. Love the fact my small, unincorporated town has a Facebook group to keep me abreast of town events and wild animal sightings.
3. My $25-per-session student therapist (psychologist in training) is the best therapist I have ever had.

Daughter standing more and more on her own going out tonight with good company
all xmas gifts are bought and wrapped
time now time for me to just relax fire is on full blast getting warm

1. Had a dentist appointment with no real problems. Scored some toothpaste and a new toothbrush from the dentist.
  2. Went with dad to walk the dog.
  3. Even though I have had crazy no reason anxiety this evening it's all good and I'm going to do a mindfulness meditation thingy to fall asleep to, as long as I get it started before mum switches off the wifi for the night.

What? No lollipop? This world is going to hell in a handbasket. :mad:
Haha there was no sign of lollipops anywhere to be seen. Not even sugar free gum.

Why does she switch off the wi-fi?
I'm sure she had an explanation at some point but not one that made sense to me. They switch it off every night and when they go out or if no one is using it. I find it very annoying and I'm surprised that the button on the router still works.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. Got a super deal on a used, snow-ready SUV with all wheel drive for $2500, and it drives like new.
2. Seller was happy to get money before Christmas.
3. Getting a custom car tag to honor my grandmother's memory.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Yes! Especially Flagstaff, which has a higher elevation than me. I am at one mile above sea level.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.