More threads by GaryQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think I'm feeling a bit better today, despite a rubbish night's sleep.
  2. Started a tiny bit of a long-outstanding housework job. Even a robot-person like me can do that at least.
  3. LMAO-ing with the DiRT Rally game I downloaded (it's free on Steam at the moment). I am SO BAD at it that it's hilarious (although I'm overcompensating the hilarity to avoid being miserable again). There was a snow/ice stage and I was spinning around helplessly. A dirt/gravel stage with constant fishtailing. Just goes to show why I should not be given a license. There's a crew chief that calls each turn as it's coming up, and I just imagine him getting increasingly exasperated as I smash out at almost every turn. :rofl:

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Started a tiny bit of a long-outstanding housework job. Even a robot-person like me can do that at least.

I did that this week too, finally. Vacuumed and washed the floors. Then I had to rest for two days. :D

LMAO-ing with the DiRT Rally game I downloaded (it's free on Steam at the moment). I am SO BAD at it that it's hilarious (although I'm overcompensating the hilarity to avoid being miserable again). There was a snow/ice stage and I was spinning around helplessly. A dirt/gravel stage with constant fishtailing. Just goes to show why I should not be given a license. There's a crew chief that calls each turn as it's coming up, and I just imagine him getting increasingly exasperated as I smash out at almost every turn. :rofl:

Reminds me of MarioKart. My kids used to love playing that game with me because it was a sure win for them. Game play was always frequently punctuated with, "OMG dad... you suck!" :)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
I use the self-checkout at Walmart to build my endurance :coffee:

The 16 items or less line does the same thing here. Most stores combine that with the Lottery Tickets kiosk so the same guy is running back and forth between the store cash and the cash for selling and redeeming tickets. Then while the ticket buyer is hemming and hawing about which ticket to but (Just grab one, fool! It's statistically random anyway! There ARE no "lucky numbers"! :censored:), those in the express line are just express standing there doing nothing.

It's often faster to go to one of the 17-5000 items lines.

1. Made it to work today.
2. Sent an email I've been putting off because it asks a question.
3. The 30% less sugar milo tastes as good as the regular milo.

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
Interesting. I think there are a couple of other countries where Labor Day is in May as well.

We're lucky in Canada, or at least in Ontario. I think we have a long weekend in 10 of the 12 months.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
Update: Husband's back pain is still completely gone after his back surgery (double laminectomy). Just has minor soreness where the incision was.

1. Got the main development part of my high priority task completed and sent off to relevant parties. Over half a day later than I'd anticipated as my "surely I'll get it done by then" scenario but considering how rubbish I was feeling about working yesterday it makes sense and at least it's done.
2. Got over my anxiety about actually sending the thing to some of the people regarding point 1.
3. Got some info back about another task, which will allow me to get something else completed before I go home.

Lol spoke too soon, the info I got back for point #3 still doesn't make complete sense. To be sorted out tomorrow.

1. Feeling much better after almost an hour rant session with the chill part of our team at work.
2. My high priority task might get done today after all. The report has been signed off.
3. There's a boring training session today that will let me get away from my desk.

1. Some moron flicked a cigarette butt into the roadside garden bed which had started a small smoking fire by the time I was walking past it on the way back from buying groceries (none of which were a liquid that could be poured on it), and my attempt to stomp it out wasn't working... But someone pulled over and had 3 bottles of water and we managed to put it out.
  2. My shoe is now burnt on the bottom, and I needed new shoes anyway so this is a good excuse to get some.
  3. Got almost all the groceries I'd decided to get. I have to be conservative about bag-space, so had to skip one thing and didn't find the other thing. If I hadn't skipped the milk I may have used that for point one... Which would've been disgusting.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. Tablets and touch-screen laptops
2. HBO streaming
3. Local convenience store has new owner who has lowered prices

1. I have been trying my best to get this task out on time. It's not going to happen, once again due to a rubbish system, and because I didn't proactively ask if there was a problem (rather than thinking that no news was good news). One would have hoped that someone would pass back that there was a problem rather than sitting on it until there's no time to do anything about it, but apparently not. But, the positive is that I really did try even though it went to ****.
2. Now that I know that it's a problem, I have taken all the steps that I can to try and get it sorted out. Still not going to fix things, but better than doing nothing.
3. I'll be having leftover chili for dinner, with 90% odds of an icecream for dessert.

GaryQ

MVP
Speaking of statistics... wonder what’s the odds are of not having one or more idiots and Incompetents as co-workers?

Status
Not open for further replies.