More threads by gooblax

1. Stayed dry instead of riding my bike to work.
  2. I have an all day training thing to do today.
  3. I know about half the people in the training so it shouldn't be too difficult. Managed to introduce myself in the "say some stuff about yourself" around the room thing without messing up my words.

1. My new computer should be arriving next week, a week earlier than originally predicted. But they've estimated Mon-Thurs, whereas Mon-Wed I'm on the work trip so I was actually pleased that it would be the following week. If it's not on Thursday then I'll have to figure out how to transport it home from the post office.
  2. I'm not silly enough to try to carry the computer home without wheels. Either (a) if I find my hand trolley I could maybe use that (b) ask a nearby supermarket if I can borrow their trolley and bring it back (c) the shortest taxi/uber trip ever.
  3. Had to practice giving my opinion on something that a group of people would be affected by (in this case, what accommodation we stay at on the work trip) whereas normally I wouldn't want to in case other people didn't like it. But I was specifically asked to do it.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. Adopted a very spunky 12-year-old dachshund, who has as much energy as most of my other dogs.

2. He plays with toys as much as a puppy.

3. The other five dogs love him already and are energized by him.

272255951_5086106431420110_8297003893072236127_n.jpgIMG-1662.jpg

What also surprised me was this humane society -- which is two hours away and located in a very rich, touristy area (Sedona, AZ) -- also pays for a dental cleaning if needed before adoption. And the outside of the humane society looks more like a museum instead of a shelter.

BONUS: So far, he is also my best behaved dog (as far as walking around Petsmart, etc). I'm sure in a few weeks, he will be just as vocal as the other pack members :D

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0686 2.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. Found out today how the humane society was able to afford a dental cleaning, complete bloodwork, and x-rays for the senior dog I adopted. They got a grant from a statewide community foundation.

2. Had a daycation in Sedona today, including a wine tasting of local Arizona wines.

3. Found the best Chinese restaurant by just driving around.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. My elderly dog with chronic bronchitis is doing better than ever, and her lungs sound great -- only a few crackles.

2. Another elderly dachshund of mine (adopted in late January) with metastatic kidney cancer is doing great too and has gained 1.5 pounds in the last month. He is now at his goal weight of 14 pounds.

3. Got a much lower quote for car insurance by starting a new policy with the same company (Progressive) -- with the same coverage.

Last edited:
  1. It's good riding to work, even when it's cooler and there's mud splatter. Just feels better than getting the bus.
  2. My therapy homework is to seek out some things that "bring me joy" so that should be good. At the moment just trying to notice how I feel when I'm doing things to determine what good feels like.
  3. I decided its OK to try to post some positives here and see how it goes.

1. Decided that it's better to skip seeing the movie tonight (that I'd bought a ticket for like 2 weeks ago) since I'm still not feeling well after catching a cold.
  2. Tried to give away the free movie ticket to 3 different people at work. They all had plans already, but at least I tried. I was thinking of posting it on gumtree (a less dodgy version of craigslist) but it seems like so much effort just to try and give someone a free ticket.
  3. It's nice and sunny today, even if I'm spending it indoors.

1. I'm using 3 positives to manage my stress today.

2. My parents are visiting and had set this artificial deadline to get a new oven/stove. It was being delivered today while they're here to be home to receive it, while I'm at work. I forwarded my dad a link with the delivery tracker. I forwarded him the message saying they were 7 mins away. The delivery guy called me when he arrived. I couldn't understand his accent so was having trouble communicating with him. He hung up on me - I assumed because my dad had let him in. I texted my mum to ask if that was the case. I called her because she didn't answer my text quick enough. Somehow, inconceivably, both my parents had gone out and weren't home when they delivery guy showed up and were on their way back. 10 seconds into the phone call with mum (just enough for "why did you go out?!"), the delivery guy must have called my dad. I stayed silent, listening to the call, to my parents getting back, to the conversation they had as the delivery guy carried it up the stairs and caught his breath, to the rustling in my mum's handbag... before I decided to remind her that I was still on the phone with her. Argh! But... Positive... I did my best with the comms situation and didn't avoid responsibility there.

3. Now I have to get the electrician to install it... But the cutouts won't be the right size, so how's that going to work? My dad reckons he'll do the cutouts but I dunno how long he'll take and so I didn't want to organise an electrician until I have seen that the cutouts are sorted. Now dad wants to organise the electrician, which is good cause it means one less interaction for organising but bad because now I'm already stressed about it. Not sure about the positive here except that maybe by writing it all out, I'll be able to focus on work for the afternoon.

Well done, gooblax, for using the tools you've acquired over the past few years to manage what I know from personal experience can be very stressful indeed.

Having your father there and willing to organize things is a bonus. :up::)

Thanks :) If my dad wasn't organising things I'd just keep using my old one until the last stove element started shorting out the electricity too... And then probably just swap to only oven and microwave meals... And then maybe get a standalone burner... Anything to avoid this whole hassle. ;) So I guess it's good that he's pushing me to sort it out.

It's helpful that I don't have as much phone anxiety as I used to. Last week I had to call the delivery company and did so without writing a script for myself which was kind of incredible.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.