More threads by gooblax

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
I think Vegemite doesn't have a Best Before date because really there is no best. They make it. It doesn't taste good. And that's as good as it gets. Maybe it should have a "Worse After" date? But I suspect it's one of those things that doesn't ever actually "go bad", like gravel. :coffee:

One way to bring out the flavor:

958ow0ju0ga51.jpgrc5qsa2egg221.jpg

It's like homeopathy where the more dilute, the stronger the result :D

Perfect for curing gluten intolerance - have some gluten at 1ppm.

1. Made a decision about my trip home.
2. Finished the week's pokemon challenge on the last available day, thanks to a lucky spawn at the end of the road which then prompted me to go attempt to finish the rest.
3. I finished that before it got too hot outside.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. Walmart parking lot seemed like heaven on earth with big flakes of falling snow lit by the parking lot lights.

2. Target had all pet toys on sale. Adult cat found the catnip toys before I even unpacked them. Big dog loved his $2 rope toy.

3. More productive/distracted than usual.

1. I've done 2 things for work today.
2. Tried a piece of the ill fated pecan pie. Definitely not my best effort but still tastes alright. The very crumbly gluten free crust (which I hope never to have to make again) basically merged with the filling except for the thick part at the edge, so there's no worry about the base sticking to the pie dish.
3. Another day of 0 COVID cases in the state, bringing it to 8 in a row. But there's still 7 unlinked cases and if those occurred anytime within the last 28 days then the border will still be staying shut.

Bonus: Another of dad's friends gave him a different jar of fresh honey. So now we can do a taste test for comparison. The colours are very different.

Neutral: Had to offer a slice of the embarrassing pecan pie to dad's friend. He said he liked it but I'm a bit skeptical since it was my worst one so far. At least I haven't tried making caramel slice in about a decade because I only ever made that successfully one time.

1. Had more pecan pie today, thanks to accidentally making two pie crusts then having to double the filling recipe.
2. Tried paddleboarding today and it turns out that I've found something more fun than anxiety-provoking which was unexpected.
3. Just misread something funny.
Original: "What family is the piano in and how can you prove it?"
Misreading: "What family is in the piano and how can you prove it?"

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. There is a new data science competition that is very interesting to me (at Kaggle).

2. The kitten sleeps among the dogs every night.

3. I love the feeling of the air with snow on the ground.

1. Went for a morning walk on the beach.
2. Told relatives about my plans for the next few days.
3. Faced "buying things at the counter" social anxiety to get fish and chips for dinner.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. Neighbor cleared the snow out of our driveway and pulled our pickup to the road.

2. Got to town safely after one week of being snowed in (which is a record for us).

3. New dog did not seem to have separation anxiety when left home for the first time.

BONUS:

I have a new favorite beverage: Canada Dry Zero Sugar.

And parking lot near the feed store was nicely cleared:

IMG_20210130_161200844.jpg

1. Made a phone call to someone without even really thinking much about it. (But btw who the hell messages someone asking them to call them, then leaves their desk when you call?! And I thought I was the one who was bad with phone/message etiquette due to social and phone anxiety. Now I have to wait and call again when they're back. So it's not really "when you have a spare moment" but "when you [you] have a spare moment [and I have wasted a bunch of moments waiting for your moment to become spare]."

2. Maybe the rain this afternoon will help me feel better about missing my chance to go to the beach.

3. When I was at my cousin's place I was designated narrator of stories for the toddler. She had a choice of 5 people and picked my uncle for the start of two of the books but then took them off him and brought them to me, and I think there were about 6 books in total.

1. Sneaky post on the newly updated forum. (Also if it's annoying while you're in the middle of updating, I don't mind if this post gets lost @David Baxter)
2. Back home again after 7 weeks, and the place is just as I left it (messy) except for my potplant palm tree which is almost dead. The string in the water while staying in the bath without much sunlight trick didn't work out for it.
3. The forum section with my massive COVID rant thread isn't here in the new update (yet), so for awhile I can pretend I didn't post that giant mess of a post last night. 🤘

Bonus: New smiles that are searchable.. Anti-bonus: no old smilies and that one above was the best that came up when I searched for "silly".;)

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
1. Sneaky post on the newly updated forum. (Also if it's annoying while you're in the middle of updating, I don't mind if this post gets lost @David Baxter)
It didn't and won't. I had the forums turned off while I did the upgrade.

2. Back home again after 7 weeks, and the place is just as I left it (messy) except for my potplant palm tree which is almost dead. The string in the water while staying in the bath without much sunlight trick didn't work out for it.

Sounds like my family famous black thumb. I have never been able to keep any kind of plant alive. :(

3. The forum section with my massive COVID rant thread isn't here in the new update (yet), so for awhile I can pretend I didn't post that giant mess of a post last night. 🤘

Oh sorry about that. Not sure what happened there... except due to insomnia after sleeping almost all day I started the upgrade around 2.00 am my time and although I couldn't sleep I also wasn't exactly fully alert. :oops:

Bonus: New smiles that are searchable.. Anti-bonus: no old smilies and that one above was the best that came up when I searched for "silly".;)

I still have several things to do, one of which is adding in our old smiley collection.

It didn't and won't. I had the forums turned off while I did the upgrade.
All good then :) It'll just take awhile to get used to haha.

Sounds like my family famous black thumb. I have never been able to keep any kind of plant alive. :(
For some reason the string just didn't wick the water this time. It worked perfectly fine last time, when it only had to survive 2 weeks alone. Poor plant. I'll try to revive it after trimming all the dead bits on the weekend but I don't like its chances.

Oh sorry about that. Not sure what happened there... except due to insomnia after sleeping almost all day I started the upgrade around 2.00 am my time and although I couldn't sleep I also wasn't exactly fully alert. :oops:
No problemo, it was the MVP section so it could be here but maybe I don't have access, or I have access but it's not here. :alien: But there's no rush on my end.

I still have several things to do, one of which is adding in our old smiley collection.
Oh awesome, I'm glad that you'll be able to add them in eventually :D

David Baxter PhD

Late Founder
No problemo, it was the MVP section so it could be here but maybe I don't have access, or I have access but it's not here. :alien: But there's no rush on my end.

That was my error. The permissions are different with this software and I forgot to give MVPs access to the MVP forum. :oops:

Should be fixed now amd there are two posts from you yesterday.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.