More threads by gooblax

It's at the point where I can't keep all the different vaccines straight.
Australia's only getting two main ones, maybe a 3rd. Starting with the Pfizer one (which has a short life and needs cold storage) for the most at risk people, and AstraZeneca (which doesn't need the cold storage and we're going to manufacture some here in Aus as far as I know) for the majority of people. Unfortunately that's the one with 65%ish effectiveness for the regular COVID strain so won't be great against other strains as far as the herd immunity plan goes. We might get the Novavax one later but it's not part of our main rollout.

1. Finished the work thing I wanted to finish yesterday.

2. Stayed alive while riding home yesterday. I managed to time it to get hit by the heavy rainfall (at one point I stopped because it was just silly, painfully hard rain, my sunglasses had fogged up, and I knew it would pass quickly). Only way I could have got more soaked in water is by jumping in a pool. And I rode over a pothole because I went into the car lane to go straight, since cars were in the bike lane to turn and I didn't feel like being run over, but the cars hid the pothole until it's too late to avoid it. That's the 2nd time I've hit it, but first time in the rain. But I didn't get splashed with mud by any car/truck/bus going through a puddle so that was nice.

3. I have 2 pairs of bike shorts so didn't have to wear my wet ones today. Not sure if I'll get soaked today though. And I have to decide if I'll ride tomorrow since I have to get home early for therapy.

Bonus: Psych's automated appointment confirmation message came through this morning, so I don't have to waste my day wondering if tomorrow's session is still on. Which is ironic really when I'm still thinking of sabotaging myself by increasing the interval between sessions.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. Walmart employee at grocery pickup was very nice.

2. Best Buy's price-match policy saved me $30.

3. Love Apple Pay (and is easier for me than Google Pay). Feels like living in the future. Used it for the first time at the grocery store (to pay for the items I forgot to get at Walmart ;)).

BONUS: Free coffee and hot tea for 3 months at Panera Bread.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
BONUS #2: Made peace with my neighbor. (After a few weeks, buried the hatchet with my elderly neighbor/friend about my OCD-related feelings about her cigarette smoking, even though she doesn't smoke when I am there. I barely noticed any smell today, anyway. Brought her a bunch of peace offerings, including chocolates, a slice of cheesecake, and four cases of bottled spring water.)

Last edited:
  1. Ordered a new bell for my bike, because the current one's hammer broke off and is lost somewhere... And it's a legal requirement to have a bell on a bicycle here.
  2. Booked a dental appointment to deal with my bruxism... maybe 12-15 years after my brother first told me I was grinding my teeth at night. First dental appointment I've ever booked for myself. Made use of previous research I'd done into what dentist to pick, although I didn't get the exact dentist I'd heard good reviews about it's at the same practice and it doesn't really matter if all they're doing is an examination and making an expensive bite splint.
  3. Threw out some recycling that had been piling up in the kitchen. First step in making my apartment presentable for the sparky coming on Monday.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. Chickens are resuming normal egg production (now that the days are getting longer). So I no longer have to buy eggs.

2. Splenda is perfectly sweet for the iced coffees at Panera Bread. (So much so that I will add espresso next time.)

3. Husband still loves the Oakley sunglasses I got him for Valentine's Day.

BONUS: Neighbor especially loved the cheesecake and the bottles of zero-sugar Canada Dry. She gave me another bag of "artisanal" dog treats.

Last edited:
  1. The power just went out, but I got through the show I was watching online with my bf before it happened.
  2. I remembered that if I don't continue getting help for my stuff, then I'll keep being stuck in the same spot. It might seem impossibly hard to continue but the alternative hasn't worked well either.
  3. Mum reminded me of the lego she'd bought me for Xmas that I'd hidden from myself when it arrived here (because it was months before Xmas)... So after my tradesman leaves tomorrow I can pull that out to build.

1. Didn't get rained on during my ride to work today.
  2. Time to write 3 positives while my computer restarts... Cause it's still refusing to open a particular program that it wasn't opening yesterday.
  3. Feeling a little bit better about stuff with psych today.

1. The work week has finally ended... Although I just accidentally extended my time in the office by trying to OCR a large document which looks like it will take ages.
  2. I had some productive stuff to do at work.
  3. Once I get home I'm going to pick up the bicycle chain cleaning tool I bought and am keen to use it. Last time using a toothbrush seemed slow and annoying so it'll be good to see how this compares. And the chain definitely needs a clean.

Daniel E.

daniel@psychlinks.ca
Administrator
1. For a $1, one-week trial, JustAnswer has helped me with questions about taxes, retirement savings, and even dream interpretation (which I did for fun). And I got my monthly fee at JustAnswer reduced by 30% (from $50 to $35 since they don't advertise/fix their pricing).

2. Still like the coffee at Panera Bread, especially with an espresso shot.

3. Enjoying instrumental music I haven't listened to in a long time (the theme of one of my favorite shows):

Last edited:
  1. Had my dental appointment yesterday. The dentist said everything was pretty much fine except the wear from grinding, which was the reason I went in the first place. Got a follow up appointment to get a mold taken for the bite splint.
  2. Inadvertently avoided a storm that I didn't realise was coming this afternoon.
  3. Started building my new lego, which is the International Space Station. Unfortunately I only allow myself one page of instructions per day (unless needed for mood improvement) and this was page 1:
IMG_20210302_201320.jpg

1. Laundry is on the line, grocery list is sufficiently complete and on the desk. Now I just need to actually make myself walk to the shops.
  2. I've been doing more of my lego build. I missed out on doing it Wednesday but let myself do Wed's page in the morning before work on Thursday, and still did Thurs' page that night.
  3. Although I upset myself about therapy stuff last night with "should quit because I'm too dependent" thoughts, I'm feeling mostly ok and settled about it today and not thinking about it much.
Bonus: I have been delaying swapping over to my new computer mouse. It's probably time because this one's really annoying. It's nice to look forward to being able to highlight text without it dropping, or playing computer solitaire without constantly dropping the cards.

Yeah mine always stay in the laundry basket. If I don't wear them during the week, I have to take them out of the basket so I can carry the clean wet laundry... So I put them on my bed. Then once the fresh laundry is dry I put all of that, plus the stuff on my bed, back into the basket. It's very rare that it makes it back into a drawer or cupboard.

Replying is not possible. This forum is only available as an archive.